What's new

Should i update?

TiSA88

Reaction score
I'm still at 9.3.5 and feeling scared of updating due to the fact many people complained about battery drainage or shutting down when it hits 20%

Is it still happening?

Frequently people will blame an update for some fault or other when it has nothing to do with the update itself. It is advisable to keep your iPhones and other devices up to date, as Apple keeps the security tight that way and eradicates any bugs.

So the battery doesn't drain faster on 6S Plus on the new update right?
I mean.. Probably because of new features maybe it drains faster.

I'm still at 9.3.5 and feeling scared of updating due to the fact many people complained about battery drainage or shutting down when it hits 20%

Is it still happening?
Frequently, just after a major iOS update, you may notice an increased battery drain as your iPhone has to re-index everything. After it's finished, battery life should go back to normal or even a bit better than it was before.
If battery drain issues were a result of the iOS update everybody would be experiencing them but they don't which is proof that any increased battery drain can't be the result of the iOS update by itself.

Frequently, just after a major iOS update, you may notice an increased battery drain as your iPhone has to re-index everything. After it's finished, battery life should go back to normal or even a bit better than it was before.
If battery drain issues were a result of the iOS update everybody would be experiencing them but they don't which is proof that any increased battery drain can't be the result of the iOS update by itself.
But have you noticed that most of the people complaining about this own an iphone 6s plus?
Is it really safe to update?
I don't wanna be a part of the small percentage of people having problems though.. Apple didn't acknowledge being a firmware issue?

If you upgrade go back and make sure things you don't use like location services and Bluetooth are not turned on. Sometimes they are turned on by default with an upgrade

But have you noticed that most of the people complaining about this own an iphone 6s plus?
Is it really safe to update?
I don't wanna be a part of the small percentage of people having problems though.. Apple didn't acknowledge being a firmware issue?

I have a brand new 6+ on Friday I was using google maps and it just shut down so I had to go to the Apple Store to get it sorted so in the meantime I had to use a galaxy s5 and the bloody battery on the s5 went down to 25% in less than 2 hours...... I now have a new I 6s+ with the latest s/w on it and the battery lasts for 2 days and I have music on in the car and use my device for web browsing all the time I was told by some one at the Apple Store that when you do a s/w update you should then reboot your handset to avoid any excess battery drain don't ask me why but it works too lol