What's new

Should I get a iPhone 6 on eBay or 5s from Apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rextos

Reaction score
i always bought my iPhone's used on eBay but the battery life has been ridiculous, I'm not a heavy user and I currently got the 4s and the only apps I have installe besides the os ones are photobucket and YouTube.... And by 5pm my battery goes to 11% then my phone dies...

If I got the 5s new from Apple will the battery be good? Or have those 5s phone been sitting for 2 years? Because I hear Apple has the phones designs so after 2 years the battery acts like crap to get people to buy the newest one.

Otherwise for that price should I try to get a 6 on eBay? I'm kinda leaning towards 5s new from Apple cus I'm hoping it will have better battery since the last 2 used iPhones I bought were mint condition but the battery has been terrible.

As long as an iPhone is available in Apple's online stores, it's still produced by Apple. So if you order an iPhone 5s from Apple, it will be a new device.

In my opinion its always best to buy new but if I was to buy used then I would check out Apple's recondition iPhones, New or used iPhones from Apple come with a 12 month warranty which would cover the battery of course.

Cool thanks guys! I think I will get the 5s with apples 6 month no interest financing. The battery and the 512mb ram on the 4s is hell! The phone functions decently and the animation lag isn't too bad, but web browsing in 2015 with 512mb ram is not fun!!

I'm on my 4s now and my browser kept crashing cus it couldn't load this page lol!

The battery on your iPhone 4s could be as much as 4 years old if it's the original battery. The capacity of any lithium battery decreases with the number of charge cycles it's gone through during its lifetime. This is perfectly normal for any battery and is not part of a devious plan on the part of Apple to get users to buy a new iPhone.

For high end electronics, like iPhones it's better to buy new from an authorized reseller or refurbished directly from Apple. Buying refurbished devices will save you money along with getting the same warranty as new devices.

Cool thanks guys! I think I will get the 5s with apples 6 month no interest financing. The battery and the 512mb ram on the 4s is hell! The phone functions decently and the animation lag isn't too bad, but web browsing in 2015 with 512mb ram is not fun!!

I'm on my 4s now and my browser kept crashing cus it couldn't load this page lol!
Glad to help, Let us know what you think to the 5S when you get it.

The battery on your iPhone 4s could be as much as 4 years old if it's the original battery. The capacity of any lithium battery decreases with the number of charge cycles it's gone through during its lifetime. This is perfectly normal for any battery and is not part of a devious plan on the part of Apple to get users to buy a new iPhone.

For high end electronics, like iPhones it's better to buy new from an authorized reseller or refurbished directly from Apple. Buying refurbished devices will save you money along with getting the same warranty as new devices.
where on the apple site can you buy a refurbished iphone?? I actually bought my macbook and ipad refurbed from apple, i see they got ipads, macs, ipods, etc - but i have never seen any iphoens for sale refurb from apple!

i seen on bestbuy.com they have some refurbed old iphones and i know various cellphone carriers refurb iphones...but are those apple certified? because i seen a couple threads here on this forum people saying they bought a refurbed iphone and it couldn't even hold a charge... but i know that when apple refurbs an ipad or mac they put in a new battery, new casing and everything and you are pretty much getting a new device just without the fancy new box.

It doesn't look like there are any refurbished iPhones on the Apple site.

I don't know anything about Best Buy or carriers in the US being that I'm in the UK but I'm sure someone will know.

Apple may reserve the refurbished iPhones for warranty replacement purposes.

Apple may reserve the refurbished iPhones for warranty replacement purposes.
You might be right, I looked in the UK Apple store and its the same, Other refurbished products but no iPhones.

I recently bought a new 5s after searching online for a free one with a two-year contract. The one I got was for $.99 plus the two-year contract. These deals may still be available...

So, now that I'm on iphoneforums.net in the forums section, how do I get to 'active posts'? I click on the header and it brings me right back here. Whassup???

When I tap on "Active Posts" it takes me to the list of the most recently active posts.
image.jpeg

image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.