What's new

Should I buy a new screen for my iPhone?

xiphone

Reaction score
Hey guys, hows it going?
I bought an iPhone 3GS off someone from my school today for cheap, they said the replaced the LCD but couldn't get it working properly (shows white screen)
They said it has had no water damage or anything. Should I buy a new LCD for it?
Thanks for your help

Hey guys, hows it going?
I bought an iPhone 3GS off someone from my school today for cheap, they said the replaced the LCD but couldn't get it working properly (shows white screen)
They said it has had no water damage or anything. Should I buy a new LCD for it?
Thanks for your help
its hard to say if replacing your screen would help but you can check for water damage by looking in the dock connecter and head phone jack with a little torch,if there is water damage the moisture sensors will have turned red.

Thanks! ill have a look. So if there is no water damage do you think it would be safe to go ahead and replace the LCD?
its hard to say if replacing your screen would help but you can check for water damage by looking in the dock connecter and head phone jack with a little torch,if there is water damage the moisture sensors will have turned red.

Thanks! ill have a look. So if there is no water damage do you think it would be safe to go ahead and replace the LCD?
you could try it if you don't mind taking the chance that it may not be the screen,if you do i would get an original Apple screen though,i have seen posts where members have used non Apple screens and had problems.