What's new

'shopping list' application

susja

Reaction score
Hello,
There's a lot of 'shopping list' type of applications in AppStore which might be convenient. I'm looking for one which will run both on iOS and Android. My point is that I want to have an app that could be installed on iPhone and Droid and be synchronize. I think it would be more convenient than writing email with a list of products to buy to another parties.
Are you aware of that type of applications?
Thanks

Good golly, miss molly are there shopping applications? Does it snow in Cleveland in the Winter? ;)

Quite honestly the ones I have tried are more of a pain to use. Some will let you share a list with another person, your spouse, girlfriend, significant other. Don't have one to recommend for you but the are out there.

I use GoTasks which uses Google Tasks (on the Google Calendar screen).

There are Android Apps that essentially do the same thing.

I use GoTasks which uses Google Tasks (on the Google Calendar screen).

There are Android Apps that essentially do the same thing.

Yep, there sure are and to be honest I assumed that those same apps are in the app store. Of course Android apps aren't helpful over here. Good idea on the Google Tasks, but could you not do the same thing with the task app that comes with iPhone? At lease it was with iPhone 5.

well GoTasks looks interesting ... but my point is that I don't want to write anything ... like buy bread, milk and etc but I just want to select it on my side and the other party will see my selection. That type of things. And I do know a few apps in AppStore like 'Shopping List' app ... just not sure if it's supported for Android and if it could be synchronized. Therefore I'm looking for someone's experience :)
Thanks

I had a look at the Reminders App and it looks like it doesn't sync with Google Tasks which is my main tasks app.

There is an account in my Reminders with Yahoo though so maybe it syncs with a Tasks feature in the Yahoo ecosystem.

I would suggest 'our groceries' app. It will share lists and it works on both android and iOS. It is also a free app with ads or paid without.

Hi

Eventually I installed "Grocery Gadget" and happy with it.
Thanks

susja said:
Hi

Eventually I installed "Grocery Gadget" and happy with it.
Thanks

I read the recent reviews on that one. Are the ads as bad as they say. I might check it out if they aren't.

I don't see ads at all on mobile devices. they are only on web ... not too much

Buy Me A Pie is the best ive used, multiple devices can make changes to it once a username and password with them is setup. My g/f can make changes to a shopping list on her phone and the changes are pushed to mine.

I currently use my notepad app (Simplenote, as I've bounced from Evernote) until Out of Milk either accepts me as a beta tester or releases their iOS version so I can sync shopping lists with my girlfriend again.