What's new

Settings, general, then about, it says I have 97 photos and 23 videos?

Britt Wright

Reaction score
Hello, I have an Iphone 6 with 16gbs, so I'm running out of room. When I go to settings, general, then about, it says I have 97 photos and 23 videos, but I have nothing in my video app and in the photos app only has 12 pictures and 1 video. Any clue what would be causing this? Thanks!

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums!

About for the Photos app adds all the photos you have in every album (Album tab) there: Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Recently Deleted, Shared Photos. If many of your images were deleted not long ago (30 days), they will still appear in About).

The Videos app has three tabs at the bottom (in my case): Movies, TV Shows and Music Videos. Did you look at all of your tabs and add the videos showing there, without a cloud in the icon?

Hello

Yes, thanks, I found the deleted section and got rid of 49 photos yesterday, but the 97 still remain (I had 146 total yesterday). In the video app I only have 1 tab for movies but no others.

If the amount of photos and videos is not right in About, first reset your iPhone and see if this will change it:
Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, let go of both. The iPhone will power up on it's own.

If this doesn't help, connect your iPhone to iTunes (computer) and look at it's storage, especially "Other". If that's taking a lot of space, you should backup your device and restore it using iTunes.

Thanks, that's what the apple rep told me, but those didn't work either... Thanks for trying though. I only found one other thread with the same issue and there was no response to it...

Use software, like iFunbox. Install the software on your computer, connect the iPhone to it (without iTunes) and take a look at both apps. Maybe it can find the videos or photos that are not visible on your iDevice.

Ok, that showed a ton of additional pictures which I deleted out of there and freed up a gig. Thank you! For some reason the settings still show the same amount of pictures and videos though. Weird.

When you connect your iPhone to itunes on your computer, what does the graph on the summary page say? Does it show the number of photos and videos that appear in Settings>General>About?

You could try syncing your iPhone to see if the erroneous indication in settings disappears.

Hi I'm experiencing this , for example I made a selfie and put timer 3 sec one shot it makes 10 copies but in camera roll it's just one when I try delete it is saying delete 10 photos ?? . So I just delete sll recents .
Making a selfie 3 secs it's says burst? What is this? Makes 10 photos in 1 single shot.

Oh okay figured it out when you scroll down you can select which photo can be save and will ask keep everything or keep 1 favorite cancel.. Then when you select keep one favorite the rest of the photo are deleted .

Last edited:
When you connect your iPhone to itunes on your computer, what does the graph on the summary page say? Does it show the number of photos and videos that appear in Settings>General>About?

You could try syncing your iPhone to see if the erroneous indication in settings disappears.

They have different amounts. I synced and reset factory settings but still a discrepancy there...