What's new

Setting up phone

Pensioner 84

Reaction score
I have a new 5S,but on set up I incorrectly entered my Email in apple store setting so I did not receive the confirming details. How do I correct this, my attempts all fail because I am always asked to enter the wrong address. Will I have to go back to the beginning by using reset.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Pensioner 84!

First, try correcting the email address online. This can be done on any browser on a computer or every device which can access the internet.
Go to this site:
Apple - My Apple ID
Select "Manage Apple ID" and sign in with the wrong email address and password. If that's possible, select "Name, ID and Email Addresses" on the next page, and choose "Edit" next to "Apple ID and Primary Email Address":
image.jpg

Enter the correct email address here:
image.jpg

and select "Save". You should receive the verification email afterwards.

Go to Settings - iTunes & App Store, tap the Apple ID, sign out and sign in with the correct address.

If you can't login there (Manage Apple ID), because the address hasn't been verified yet, go to Settings - iTunes & App Store, sign out of your Apple ID. Enter the right email address in "Apple ID" and a password below.
image.jpg

This is a screenshot from an iPad. It will be similar on the iPhone, without the part on the left visible.

Then sign in. You should receive the verification email address afterwards.

Third option, if you use the wrong email address for iCloud as well: after managing your Apple ID, or if that's not possible:
Go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings. Your iPhone might ask for the password of your wrong email address. Enter it, then set up the iPhone as new, using the right email address.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Pensioner 84!

First, try correcting the email address online. This can be done on any browser on a computer or every device which can access the internet.
Go to this site:
Apple - My Apple ID
Select "Manage Apple ID" and sign in with the wrong email address and password. If that's possible, select "Name, ID and Email Addresses" on the next page, and choose "Edit" next to "Apple ID and Primary Email Address":View attachment 18914
Enter the correct email address here:
View attachment 18915
and select "Save". You should receive the verification email afterwards.

Go to Settings - iTunes & App Store, tap the Apple ID, sign out and sign in with the correct address.

If you can't login there (Manage Apple ID), because the address hasn't been verified yet, go to Settings - iTunes & App Store, sign out of your Apple ID. Enter the right email address in "Apple ID" and a password below.
View attachment 18916
This is a screenshot from an iPad. It will be similar on the iPhone, without the part on the left visible.

Then sign in. You should receive the verification email address afterwards.

Third option, if you use the wrong email address for iCloud as well: after managing your Apple ID, or if that's not possible:
Go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings. Your iPhone might ask for the password of your wrong email address. Enter it, then set up the iPhone as new, using the right email address.

Thank you everyone, I am afraid I was unsuccessful. So I have had to go down the road of a complete reset and it seems successful.

Great! :)

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask. We have quite a few knowledgeable members who will be glad to help with a problem or question.