What's new

Selling iphone 4s

mike1

Reaction score
My wife wants to sell her 4s to a coworker, but we want to make sure everything is removed for privacy purposes. There is a reset section in the menu with a few options.
1-rest all settings
2-reset all content and settings
3-reset network settings

Is the best option #2?

The best option is to reset all content and settings, you're right. Before doing this, you'll have to turn off Find my iPhone, and sign out of the iCloud ID.

My wife wants to sell her 4s to a coworker, but we want to make sure everything is removed for privacy purposes. There is a reset section in the menu with a few options.
1-rest all settings
2-reset all content and settings
3-reset network settings

Is the best option #2?
Erase all content and settings is the way to go, after making sure to turn off find my iPhone and remove the iPhone from her iCloud account.

This will ensure that none of your wife's info and content remains on the iPhone. Is the iPhone unlocked? You get a better price if it is, but not enough to pay for unlocking if you haven't already done so.

Erase all content and settings is the way to go, after making sure to turn off find my iPhone and remove the iPhone from her iCloud account.

This will ensure that none of your wife's info and content remains on the iPhone. Is the iPhone unlocked? You get a better price if it is, but not enough to pay for unlocking if you haven't already done so.
No the phone is not unlocked. She's selling in for $80. Not sure if that's a good, bad or fair price.

No the phone is not unlocked. She's selling in for $80. Not sure if that's a good, bad or fair price.
As long as the buyer has the same carrier there'll be no problem. $80.00 is a fair price for someone that needs a cheap iPhone.