What's new

Selling In China..Really?

darita

Reaction score
How could Apple start selling 6 in China when they can't even meet preorders here? Same old story I guess...believe the hype, not the reality.

How could Apple start selling 6 in China when they can't even meet preorders here? Same old story I guess...believe the hype, not the reality.
So what is yor answer, let the rest of the world wait until everyone in the US has their phone? Can an international company survive that way? And how would they know how many people would order the first day, or the second...Incidentally, Apple is already delivering on orders they scheduled for delivery 10-17 days from now.

The funny thing is apple products are designed in California and assembled in....China! [emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

China is the biggest cell phone market in the world. Apple would have released there sooner if it weren't for the Chinese government slowing down the process.

800,000 are employed to build apple phones plus tablets and that is only one location. Distribution is world wide each country is allocated stock hope that helps

Guess I'm just old school and simple minded. If I'm making serving and don't have enough to fulfill my present orders, I'm going catch up before looking for more orders. Especially if people are waiting in lines for something that doesnt exist yet.

Guess I'm just old school and simple minded. If I'm making serving and don't have enough to fulfill my present orders, I'm going catch up before looking for more orders. Especially if people are waiting in lines for something that doesnt exist yet.
It doesn't work that way, Apple need to secure orders world wide then work on getting them out to customers which they do efficiently.

It doesn't work that way, Apple need to secure orders world wide then work on getting them out to customers which they do efficiently.
Very efficiently. As I noted else where, deliveries are already being made to wait listed customers, with two weeks cut off the waiting time. But in this case, OP is not the customer, Target is and we don't know how Target chooses to distribute the stock they receive and how they prioritize which store gets what and when. And Target, like other resellers is also trying to sell competitors products that have a higher profit margin than Apple allows them. Not hard to see the business model here. It's why I always buy direct from Apple although Verizon & AT&T have big enough Apple footprint to appear to get better response to their orders. But with resellers, well, they aren't making money off the phone use, but still have to up front the purchase cost, I wonder about their national distribution plans. They are trying to maximized walk-in traffic, get you in the store so you spend money there. This is how modern businesses, retail in particular, are modeled.

Where are you getting this info that two weeks are being cut off the wait time?

I placed my order on Sept 12. I was advised by Apple that my phone would be delivered the week of October 13-20. Subsequently I got my shipment notice from Apple saying UPS would deliver on Oct 6. It arrived on Oct 3. I have read others who ordered the first morning had the same experience.
This is not the same thing as saying two weeks are being cut on all waiting times. I mean exactly what I wrote.