What's new

Self-timer

fiat

Reaction score
Hi, I use iphone 5s and ios 7.1.2. How can I make self-timer shot? Thanks for help.

Hi, I use iphone 5s and ios 7.1.2. How can I make self-timer shot? Thanks for help.
You would need to use one of the self timer apps availible in the App Store, a built in self-timer was not added to the camera app until iOS 8.

Update to iOS 8.1.2 and you have it on the stock camera app. Otherwise, you will need to download a camera app with the feature. Camera+ is a good one. It's not free, but it's a great camera app to have. There are other free ones. Just search the App Store. Here's Camera+:
Camera+ by tap tap tap
Camera on the App Store on iTunes

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Thanks, scifan & Ledsteplin. Will updating to 8.1.2 make any trouble for ip5s? Will it take over large memory space and reduce battery life? Thanks for advice.

I found ProCam has self-timer feature and was able to set the time lap, but couldn't find how to implement. Anyone? Thanks

I found ProCam has self-timer feature and was able to set the time lap, but couldn't find how to implement. Anyone? Thanks
I have ProCam 2. Is that it? If so, here's how to do it.
1. Tap on (if necessary) to get HDR
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420477999.722612.jpg

2. Tap the little timer clock icon at the top.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420478049.037075.jpg

3. This app only gives you 5 seconds, which will show in the center of the screen. So tap the large white button at the bottom to snap the shot, then hurry to get in place within your 5 seconds.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420478230.407424.jpg

That's it!
You might look for a camera app that allows more than 5 seconds. If it can be changed in ProCam for more time, I didn't see it. Camera+ offers 3 and 10 seconds. It's a paid app, but worth it.

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

The stock camera app has a self timer that can be set for time limits up to 10 seconds.

Thanks, Ledsteplin. Actually I found out both ProCam and ProCam2 can do self-timer and set any waiting time by tapping the "SET" icon. Only I had hard time to find where is the timer clock icon to start the timer. Then I found it. So it's good now.
Scifan, I think you are talking about ios 8 that added self-timer feature. I am using ios 7, so no, I need ProCam.

AppZilla 3 (I know, I know), a free app, has an auto camera that allows settings from 5 seconds to an hour. I've never tried it but I have examined the time-set portion and it seems to be pretty versatile..... :)

Last edited:
Oh smug mug free app has a timer pull up and you'll see choices for different things like burst slow big button timer etc

AppZilla 3 (I know, I know), a free app, has an auto camera that allows settings from 5 seconds to an hour. I've never tried it but I have examined the time-set portion and it seems to be pretty versatile..... :)
I have AppZilla 4. It actually does have a few useful things, such as making a csv contacts file. Most of what's in AppZilla is junk though.

My latest app download is Say Play. It's a music app where you say the song title and it plays the song. Basically, it sources songs from YouTube. So in many cases the quality isn't that great. And if you don't add the artist, you might get some video. It's kind of fun to mess with.
Say Play - Voice search songs by Tal Bereznitskey
Say Play - Voice search songs on the App Store on iTunes

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Oh my god camera 360 is free one of my favorite online cameras (awesome selfie skin smoother etc) along w other and it has timer [emoji175] I love camera 360