Reaction score
I keep getting this pop up on my iphone5 while playing WWF

https://
secure.flashtalking.com

please choose between ON or OFF
ONLY inside image_3_On_Off
variable

In an app I think

Did you get the app from the App Store? Official apps available from the App Store are not infected with pop up malware like you're experiencing. In any case, deleting the app should get rid of the problem.

Did you get the app from the App Store? Official apps available from the App Store are not infected with pop up malware like you're experiencing. In any case, deleting the app should get rid of the problem.

I do believe it worked. AND, I didn't lose any of my games. Thanks again.

Oh no. It's happening again!!

The App Store on my phone.

Does the app access the Internet to connect to the game servers and other gamers? The problem may be due to this connection. Here's something you can try. Connect to iTunes and do a full backup of your iPhone. Then, after disconnecting from iTunes, delete the game and download it again. This will delete all game data and game progress, which is why you did the backup first. If the re-installed game now works perfectly, you know the problem was, at least partly, in the game data. If that is the case, you'll have to start over again, without restoring from your backup. If the problem still persists, you can restore from the backup, as the malware is coming in through the game developer's servers. Probably disguised as a legitimate ad.

Does the app access the Internet to connect to the game servers and other gamers? The problem may be due to this connection. Here's something you can try. Connect to iTunes and do a full backup of your iPhone. Then, after disconnecting from iTunes, delete the game and download it again. This will delete all game data and game progress, which is why you did the backup first. If the re-installed game now works perfectly, you know the problem was, at least partly, in the game data. If that is the case, you'll have to start over again, without restoring from your backup. If the problem still persists, you can restore from the backup, as the malware is coming in through the game developer's servers. Probably disguised as a legitimate ad.

My phone was due for an update. I put it off for a few days. Ran it this morning and the message hasn't appeared since. Part of the update was a security fix Maybe that took care of it. Thank you Sherlock Holmes!!!! If the problem returns, I'll try your idea.