What's new

Screen size

Anything gs3 or a bit smaller, but honestly even tho I used to be only concerned with screen size, but now I'm more concerned with a relatively average screen size and now ppi is my main concern, as long as that number is high I will enjoy the screen =)

I like the width of my 4S. I think going to a 5" screen just puts you a half step behind those 7" tablets. Remember a couple of years ago Dell had the 5" phone and no one wanted it cause it was too big (and Dell, they don't support their hardware so no trust in purchasing their stuff)? Why does everyone suddenly want a phone that doesn't slip easily into a pocket? Or one that takes 2 hands to use?

I play games a lot on my phone so I kind of want it bigger, as long as it fits in my pocket then I will be fine.

I have had my note 2 a few days and the screen is massive on it. For me, I really like it at the moment as its great for what I need. Internet browsing is a fantastic experience on it compared to my 4s

this is a loaded question as their is no single right answer. becasue we all have different hand sizes what work for some doesn't work for everyone. i personally don't have a problem with a screen that is 4-4.8 inch. so of course im gonna go with the biggest screen size i can handle. due to the fact i watch alot of videos. but if i were a big texter then i might settle for a bit smaller screen.

I think it depends on how you use it. If you want to use your phone as a music player-on-the-go it's already getting borderline too big. If you spend much time at the gym you'll notice that you see alot of iphone's strapped to peoples arms and rarely ever see the big Android phones. Why? Because it starts to get uncomfortable when it get's too big or heavy.

For years every phone company in the world was trying to shrink their phones because people like small devices that fit in their pocket easily. And now they are getting big again. This is a temporary phase that will pass when technology figures out how to make foldable clamshell smartphone screens.

I could use a bigger phone. It would make browsing easier. In fact, an iPad mini with telephony would work for me, because I always have my BlueTooth headset. Can't see it catching on, though.

I must admit. It is nice having a larger screen. Since owning my note 2 my ipad has taken a back seat. One of the main reasons is because of its battery life, with my iphone I wouldn't use it as much because it might not last the day if and if im going out later it would die on me. So id pick up my ipad to browse. Now I dont bother because the note has a fantastic battery that lasts all day long easily. That and a fantastic screen to use. However, I wouldnt say its the right size for a phone. It's big in my hands but I do love it.

I must admit. It is nice having a larger screen. Since owning my note 2 my ipad has taken a back seat. One of the main reasons is because of its battery life, with my iphone I wouldn't use it as much because it might not last the day if and if im going out later it would die on me. So id pick up my ipad to browse. Now I dont bother because the note has a fantastic battery that lasts all day long easily. That and a fantastic screen to use. However, I wouldnt say its the right size for a phone. It's big in my hands but I do love it.

i agree with on the battery life of the note2. it can easily do a full day with heavy usage. thoes who say the iphone has better battery life don't know squat or have never ever used a note2.

Got to take pitch into consideration.
I'm not sure that 960 pixels across 3.5 inches is matched by compeditors.

Bigger would be better -- just a bit bigger. The iP5 is "taller" that the 4/4S, which is irrelevant IMHO. The Galaxy S3's screen is in the sweet spot and I read that Apple is looking that way for the next versions.