What's new

Screen Rotation not working

1320str8liner

Reaction score
I don't know whats going on, my phone works fine, all except my screen rotation has stopped working. I wonder if it has anything to do with the 6.0.2

Are there specific apps it's not working with... or not working at all?

In the status bar... next to your battery... is there a *circular arrow w/ a lock in it* showing?

No it's not locked, this is my phone (is there a way to lock screen rotation on the phones?) It's in txt, pics anything that should rotate when you turn the phone...

Yes, you can lock the iPhone's screen from rotating into Landscape mode. That's why I asked if the *circular arrow w/ a lock in it* is showing in your status bar next to the battery.

Didn't realize you could lock, it but no there is no lock symbol next to battery

Try a hard reset (hold the sleep/wake button and the home button until the phone turns off and the silver apple logo appears).

If that doesn't fix the issue, then perhaps it's an hardware issue and would warrant a visit to the nearest Apple store.

Since there isn't a symbol next to your battery... I'm not really sure what would be causing your screen to not rotate. Off the top of my head try this.... Hard Reset your iPhone. Hold the home and lock buttons together for about 10-15 seconds... your screen will go black after about 5-8 seconds... then the Apple logo will appear shortly after. Once the Apple logo appears release both buttons and your iPhone will reboot back to the lock screen. Check your screen rotation then. No worries... you will not loose any data or saved information from performing a Hard Reset.

I've tried the hard reset about 3x, no luck yet... Thanks I may just have to try the apple store

How do you lock the screen?

Double tap the home button and swipe to the right once. You'll see a button with a lock and a circular arrow going clockwise. Tap it and your screen should lock/unlock. There'll be an indicator to the left of the battery icon in the status bar.