What's new

Screen Recorder

AaronW

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from an iPhone 3GS to the new iPhone 5 and now I'm up to date with the latest technology and IOS, I was wondering if there were any applications out there (free or paid) that can record the screen of the phone whilst I use it, much like programs do on a computer including Camtasia etc.

I've been searching around for a little while now and haven't come across anything. Hopefully someone else knows if such an application exists yet and if so, where I might be able to find it. :)

Cheers,
Aaron.

I just recently read something about this. Do you know why Apple won't allow these sorts of applications? I only just got my iPhone 2 days ago, so I don't really want to jailbrake it already incase I encounter some problems with my phone. :p

I just recently read something about this. Do you know why Apple won't allow these sorts of applications? I only just got my iPhone 2 days ago, so I don't really want to jailbrake it already incase I encounter some problems with my phone. :p
Apple is very picky w/ what they allow 3rd party applications to do. Recording the screen activity, internally, is simply not something they'll allow on a stock device.

AaronW said:

Why did you purchase an iPhone 2 when the iPhone 5 is out? Just curious.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

AaronW said:
Noo.. I got an iPhone 5, 2 days ago.

Thank you much. I looked at a iPhone 5. But the difference between the iPhone 4S and the 5 dies not make that much oh a difference. I have the LTE Internet speed through Verizon.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Thank you much. I looked at a iPhone 5. But the difference between the iPhone 4S and the 5 dies not make that much oh a difference. I have the LTE Internet speed through Verizon.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

No problem. :)

For myself, the choice was easy. I had a 3GS and my contract had run up, I had failed to ever update my iOS and now it wouldn't let me, which meant I was extremely restricted with what applications I could use. Facebook was one of these. :( I only had 8GB of memory and my phone was filling up quite easily, my silent mode switch was playing up, my screen was freezing randomly, on occasions my phone wouldn't lock for about 30 seconds after I pressed the 'lock' button and the list goes on.

I personally don't see the point of upgrading my phone until my current contract runs up, as the type of phone I have won't ever restrict me job-wise or in other aspects of my life. However, I can understand if you're technophile.

Last edited:
AaronW said:
No problem. :)

For myself, the choice was easy. I had a 3GS and my contract had run up, I had failed to ever update my iOS and now it wouldn't let me, which meant I was extremely restricted with what applications I could use. Facebook was one of these. :( I only had 8GB of memory and my phone was filling up quite easily, my silent mode switch was playing up, my screen was freezing randomly, on occasions my phone wouldn't lock for about 30 seconds after I pressed the 'lock' button and the list goes on.

I personally don't see the point of upgrading my phone until my current contract runs up, as the type of phone I have won't ever restrict me job-wise or in other aspects of my life. However, I can understand if you're technophile.

On my iPad 1 there are not any updated available above 5.1. I have an application that needs updating but can not because of the 6.0 that is needed.

No need to upgrade to iPad 2 or 3 yet.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Last edited:
Dpl recorder on AppStore. $9.99 though.

I done a search for the application and it says the price is $10.49. Personally, I feel as though this is a little steep for what it is, however I gave it a look and noticed it's only ranked 1 ½ stars and the feedback regarding the application is quite negative across the board, which quite frankly is quite off-putting as well.

On my iPad 1 there are not ny updated available above 5.1. I have an application that needs updating but can not because of the 6.0 that is needed.

No need to upgrade to iPad 2 or 3 yet.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

That's a bit of a shame. Hopefully they bring out an update soon, or at least not many more applications that you have update to iOS 6.0

AaronW said:
I done a search for the application and it says the price is $10.49. Personally, I feel as though this is a little steep for what it is, however I gave it a look and noticed it's only ranked 1 ½ stars and the feedback regarding the application is quite negative across the board, which quite frankly is quite off-putting as well.

That's a bit of a shame. Hopefully they bring out an update soon, or at least not many more applications that you have update to iOS 6.0

True there have been a few but not that many.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

If you guys are still looking for a screen recorder, both for non-jailbroken and jailbroken, you can check out EDITED - no website links

Last edited by a moderator: