What's new

Screen Protector

liebo11

Reaction score
I went to the Verizon store today to get my case and they were pushing a screen protector on me and I was saying how it can't really scratch cause it's glass and they said that it can and if it does then it voids the warranty?!?!? I was really surprised by that and am kinda nervous cause I don't wanna put a screen protector on and take away from the quality of the screen...what do you guys think?

If you get a decent screen protector, you can't even tell it's there. It doesn't degrade the screen quality at all. There isn't really a downside to it. I'm not gonna put one on the back glass, but I had the VZW guy put one on today at the store. The store was deserted today. WAY more employees than customers.

I don't know about the voided warranty part, it would drive me crazy to have a permanent scratch on my touchscreen on ANY phone, so I always apply screen protectors!

Yesterday I bought the Apple bumper and I love it. Since it leaves the screen AND back wide open, I need a all-over clear protector. I found and ordered the clear-coat one, but it is not a dry application, so it looks easier to place correctly. I'll chime in with a mini review when it gets here.

I'm buying one after work. They are worth it. You pay $300 for a phone, keep the damn thing clean.

Even the best screen protector will take away from the quality of the screen. I've tried them all.
From my knowledge, the screen CAN scratch but it's really really hard to. Trust me. I've had my phone without a screen protector for 3 months and not a scratch. But, of course, ANY glass can be scratched.

i got a screen protector, case, and car charger at best buy. it was a pack of all 3 for $60. i had some gift cards so I said why not. even though their accessories are insanely overpriced.

anyway the dude at the cell phone counter installed my screen protector for me. it looks like ass. it has a matte finish to it, like a rough finish and you can SEE and FEEL it. after I asked why I learned why. it's a non glare, non fingerprint type. I will prolly return it and get something that allows the iphone screen to look GREAT like it should.

rant over.
just want yall to be careful and get a better protector than what I got.

last night i put a power support clear crystal screen protector. if i put 2 phones side to side 1 with, 1 without. you could not see a difference.

I ended up with an anti-glare one too, and it is driving me batty. Totally takes away from the clarity of the screen. Everything is slightly fuzzy now. I'm gonna go get a regular clear one soon to replace it.

As for the screen protector necessity, it really depends on how hard you are on your telephones. I have an iPod touch first gen that has never had a screen protector on it and it is scratch free. But it never got, say, tossed in a purse with my keys loose near it.

Fortunately, all screen protectors are removable. So it can't hurt to err on the side of caution.

I had Ghost Armor put on at a nearby mall and I love it, full body protection with a matte finish on the back, well worth the money in my opinion....

I like the Verizon screen protectors, does Verizon have them for the back?

I'm a fan of wrapsol screen systems. I have one for my touch, one for my kindle, one for my tomtom, and had one for my ipad and for my BB.
I did buy a belkin matte finish at the store so I'd have it when I got the iphone delievered, but I really don't care for the matte finish. I will be ordering a wrapsol soon. I prefer being safe rather than sorry when it comes to screen protection.

Ive bought this.. There are three different versions but the Ultra Crystal Clears look the best imo.

SGP CDMA Verizon iPhone 4 Screen Protector

Its at the post office right now, But i dont really feel like going out and getting it and then the FEDEX guy comes along and i miss my iphone since its supposed to be here today.

heres a youtube vid of it..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjTQpp1xkN8"]YouTube - SGP Steinheil Crystal Clear iPhone 4[/ame]

I also bought the Apple Bumper and a Lucky labs carbon fiber back skin.. I think that all of this will add the best protection while keeping the phone near its slim design. Plus it covers up all the dumb apple and iphone branding on the back =]

I have always been a fan of Zagg invisibleSHIELD. I've had them on my Tour, Droid, Droid X, iPod Touch and now iPhone. They don't take anything away from the screen and also show fewer fingerprints. The lifetime warranty/replacement is nice too!