What's new

Screen bulge?

njcellgeek74

Reaction score
I have the 5s and noticed yesterday there is a bulge in the screen by the volume rocker and there is what appears to be a snowflake like pattern by the bulge. There has been no liquid damage and no drops so I don't get it. I have a Genius Bar appointment but was wondering has anyone else seen this before?

It's quite likely that you have a defective battery that has swollen and caused this damage. If the Genius Bar appointment confirms it, you should get a replacement phone.

Is it safe to use the phone until then? That's slightly unnerving.

Just posted something like this I just noticed tonight I have a little snow flake looking crack on the top corner of the screen and also no liquid or drops and phone is in a life proof case does this sound like the same to you ?

The Genius Bar tech told me mine was glue seepage. No actual cracks. The screen just separated.

I was also told that it's not covered because I must've carried it in my back pocket. That's something I've never done. I'm not too pleased that my choices with this phone are pay $269 to replace a 2 week old phone or to ride it out until it dies and buy something else. :/

Attachments

• $image-1571485157.jpg
    $image-1571485157.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,866
From looking at your photo it appears that the side frame has quite a bend in it. However it happened, force of some kind must have caused the bend.

I'm not going to argue that there's a bend. I'm just mad that he A. Told me I had to have carried it in my back pocket or B. My kid took it and broke it. I had forgotten I bought insurance on it so I can get it replaced for half of what Apple wants and with nicer customer service.

I'm not going to argue that there's a bend. I'm just mad that he A. Told me I had to have carried it in my back pocket or B. My kid took it and broke it. I had forgotten I bought insurance on it so I can get it replaced for half of what Apple wants and with nicer customer service.

I'm not sure how it got like that and knew I hadn't damaged it by dropping, sitting on, etc. I honestly have no clue how it got like that. It has been in the case since the rep at T-Mobile put it on for me about 2 weeks ago. Either way, I'll take my lumps and pay my deductible.