What's new

Saying Hi for the first time.

kobelup

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am a new iPhone 4 32gig owner. I have owned an android for the past 2 years. I rooted the old way not with the one click root that is now out, I learned so much about changing roms and backing up my phone. The roms that I used went from 1.5-2.3 anyone of you that has had an android know what I am talking about. The android is an awesome platform lots of customizing to do, the biggest problem with the old and new phone's is they have small glitches that drive me crazy. The delay in the dial pad, to making calls connect, force closing apps and the battery life is the worst, 6 hrs at most. I did get 16 hrs if I turned everything off, 3g wifi, Bluetooth no apps running at all.
When I got my iPhone 4 I was amazed at how smooth and fast the camera is awesome no delay just a clear picture. iPod is the best music organizer out. I don't need to tell you that, you know. I could go on and on about how iPhone is better in so many ways, I don't need to cause you already know.

Hello everyone,
I am a new iPhone 4 32gig owner. I have owned an android for the past 2 years. I rooted the old way not with the one click root that is now out, I learned so much about changing roms and backing up my phone. The roms that I used went from 1.5-2.3 anyone of you that has had an android know what I am talking about. The android is an awesome platform lots of customizing to do, the biggest problem with the old and new phone's is they have small glitches that drive me crazy. The delay in the dial pad, to making calls connect, force closing apps and the battery life is the worst, 6 hrs at most. I did get 16 hrs if I turned everything off, 3g wifi, Bluetooth no apps running at all.
When I got my iPhone 4 I was amazed at how smooth and fast the camera is awesome no delay just a clear picture. iPod is the best music organizer out. I don't need to tell you that, you know. I could go on and on about how iPhone is better in so many ways, I don't need to cause you already know.

hello and welcome to the iphone forum!..

so these problems are you facing them on your iphone? or you had them on your old phone? thing with these smart phones is that the battery never lasts long no matter what model you go with especially if your a heavy user, what i find is having everything turned off helps but also lowering the brightness of your screen helps more then having it all turned off like bluetooth and 3g when your not using it...

the iphone has the bluetooth crippled already so to me its no good i never turn it on, now when i say crippled i mean no bluetooth send/receive..

also when you "jailbreak" the iphone you an really customise it to your liking and add most if not all those feature you miss from your old device, what carrier do you use?

Hello everyone,

hello and welcome to the iphone forum!..

so these problems are you facing them on your iphone? or you had them on your old phone? thing with these smart phones is that the battery never lasts long no matter what model you go with especially if your a heavy user, what i find is having everything turned off helps but also lowering the brightness of your screen helps more then having it all turned off like bluetooth and 3g when your not using it...

the iphone has the bluetooth crippled already so to me its no good i never turn it on, now when i say crippled i mean no bluetooth send/receive..

also when you "jailbreak" the iphone you an really customise it to your liking and add most if not all those feature you miss from your old device, what carrier do you use?

I am on Verizon, my family lives in an area that has no att service and my job requires that they be able to get a hold of me at any time. So I had to go with Verizon. My average battery life is 30 hours, 5 of it in actual use. On my droid I would only get 6-8 hours depending on how much I used it. If i left 3g on it would drain faster, I always turned off Facebook updates and weather updates anything that would update automatically. Now I did jailbreak on my first day I got my 32g, I got the 16 first and needed the extra space so I exchanged it. I used greenpoison to jb everything went fine. As I always do I got in the habit of reverting back to stock so that I knew how and what to expect from the process. Needless to say it was not the way my brother in law said. My phone froze with the greenpoison symbol and would not do anything. I got sick to my stomach. After I got it into DFU mode or whatever its called I couldn't download the new software and do a restore. A few hours of reading and tries I found that my internet security was causing the connection time out. 15 minutes later my phone was fine. Now not sure how much you know about android and how they work, but 3g kills the battery and bluetooth will also kill it. I rooted my droid and have done enough playing that just having a phone that works without having to do all the work is nice. I have noticed a huge change and I am very happy with the battery life on my 4.

Welcome to the iPhone forums! :) I personally think that Apple is a few steps ahead of Android, hence my switch :p

Everyone seems nice here. Since I got my iPhone I have added a new apple, I bought an iPad 2. Next in line is the MacBook, not sure what one or size yet. I have a few months to think about it.

Daytonannie where at are you? I lived in miamisburg for 3 years, I loved it there. I used to live next to mound school and the mound golf course.

kobelup said:
Everyone seems nice here. Since I got my iPhone I have added a new apple, I bought an iPad 2. Next in line is the MacBook, not sure what one or size yet. I have a few months to think about it.

We are the best. Lol. Nice. Mostly all electronics I own are from apple. I wish apple created pagers bc I'm looking for one now.