What's new

Samsung lawyers demand to see iPhone 5 and iPad 3.

Applelover

Reaction score
In another major turn of events in the Apple/Samsung lawsuit, following Samsung being ordered to hand over Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9, the Galaxy S II, the Infuse 4G, and the Droid Charge samples to Apple, Samsung has filed a notion asking Apple to hand over the iPhone 5 and the iPad 3 as part of the discovery process. A major loophole in this notion is that there is no evidence that these devices exist (but they do) and their existence is backed only by Internet reports and rumors.

Read more: Samsung Lawyers Want to See iPad 3 and iPhone 5 | TechDeville

Lol really, how dumb can samsung be? It really annoys me at samsung's stupidity. Initially I was on samsung's side, but this is just a dumb move on samsung's part.

Last edited by a moderator:
In another major turn of events in the Apple/Samsung lawsuit, following Samsung being ordered to hand over Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9, the Galaxy S II, the Infuse 4G, and the Droid Charge samples to Apple, Samsung has filed a notion asking Apple to hand over the iPhone 5 and the iPad 3 as part of the discovery process. A major loophole in this notion is that there is no evidence that these devices exist (but they do) and their existence is backed only by Internet reports and rumors.

Read more: Samsung Lawyers Want to See iPad 3 and iPhone 5 | TechDeville

Lol really, how dumb can samsung be? It really annoys me at samsung's stupidity. Initially I was on samsung's side, but this is just a dumb move on samsung's part.

how is it dumb? The way i see it, Samsung wants to know what the build looks like currently. With Apple being aloud early access to Samsung products, Samsung is probably worried that some of their unreleased tech may end up on future iOS devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
and then they will show it to the world? why should apple have to hand anything over?

and then they will show it to the world? why should apple have to hand anything over?

Not saying they should, that is up to the judge to decided. All I am saying, is from a business stand point it makes sense.

Not saying they should, that is up to the judge to decided. All I am saying, is from a business stand point it makes sense.

I agree with this, if Apple is planning on using patents that Samsung owns, or tech that Samsung has produced but has no released into the market, they have the right to see what Apple has done with intellectual property that Samsung owns.

its close to release date any way so they will see it soon enough then if it does have samsung parts then they can stop production and it would be more costly to apple

its close to release date any way so they will see it soon enough then if it does have samsung parts then they can stop production and it would be more costly to apple

If what I read is correct, the iPad 3 maybe using displays bought from Samsung ( maybe the iPhone 4s,5, whatever the next iteration is). If that's the case stopping production would hurt Samsung as well.

And if there is borrowed tech, they can just sue for royalties. It's business, more about make money off your competitor than stopping them from making money.

Sent from my iPhone using 1's and 0's

Samsung is actually being very brilliant with this legal request.

I'll try to make a simple dialog example:

Plaintiff: Judge please stop the defendant from making these widgets based on their last few models made.
Judge: Defendant you may no longer make your widget the way you do.
Defendant: Judge, to avoid this issue and appearing before you again, we will need to see their future widgets.

I can't wait to see what the judge does with this as well as how well it does in the appeals courts.