What's new

Safest jailbreak for iphone 4s 64gb

london29

Reaction score
Hi. I have an iphone 4s 64gb which is unlocked to all networks. I live in the uk and i currently use a virgin simcard. Im also on the latest apple ios version 5.1. What would be the safest jailbreak for me to use and if i later want to remove the jailbreak is it easy to do so ? Thanks london29

The only option for JBing the 4 is to use Absinthe from Greenpois0n.com. Are you using a PC or Mac? As far as removing the JB... simply restoring your iPhone via iTunes will put it back to stock form on the latest iOS version.

Not quite J. ;)

redsn0w is prefectly capable of jailbreaking the 4S too, as per our sticky - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/jailbreaking-methods-iphone-18519/

london29 - In terms of "safest" there is no concept of an unsafe jailbreak in the iPhone world just to put your mind at rest!
Both redsn0w and Absinthe use exactly the same method, which is tried and tested, and both are equally as "safe". You should not normally run into any problems. If you do, and quick restore and re-jailbreak will fix it.

Also, it's important to point out that 5.1 is not the current version of IOS. 5.1.1 is, and that is the version you should use. It's only a very minor point, but important. You won't be able to install / restore 5.1 on your 4S.

Finally, after IOS6 is released later today you will not be able to restore 5.1.1 period. Your only option will be to restore to 6.0 (as things stand) and there will be no jailbreak on the 4S on 6.0 for a while (many weeks, maybe months IMHO). So if you are going to jailbreak, do it on 5.1.1 and do it today!

That said, Happy jailbreaking! :D

Last edited:
Thanks for your help ive used Absinthe . Do i need to also install Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 to make it untethered ? Thanks

All done. Thanks for all your help. Its working great :)

Absinthe for A5 on 5.1.1 uses Rocky Raccoon already. Once you jailbreak it, you're set and done.

Thanks. Now that my iphone 4s 64gb is jailbroken on absinthe do i need to save my shsh files using tiny umbrella ?