What's new

Safari won't open a web page, but...

pasham

Reaction score
Hey! Trying to open a web page in my 3gs and it don't work, but my wifes iPhone 4 opens it no problem ( http://uc.worldoftanks.com/ ) Im guessing it's my old Safari problem, phone is jailed at 3.1.3 still, how would I just upgrade the Safari without killing my jailbreak? Thanks

You just upgrade all the iOS, you can't just upgrade safari. And upgrading your iOS will kill the jailbreak so you will have to jailbreak again after the iOS upgrade is done.

Hmm, sounds complicated... Is it advisable though? Should I do it? And if I upgrade iOS, to which version should I upgrade it? Will the phone/safari be slower?

Hmm, sounds complicated... Is it advisable though? Should I do it? And if I upgrade iOS, to which version should I upgrade it? Will the phone/safari be slower?

What exactely is your issue with safari at the moment? Why you wanted to have safari update?

To upgrade your iOS is very easy and fast to do, however, there is no guaranty that you will find peace with the upgrade iOS, it might turn out to be bad for or to be the best or just turn out to be with no noticiable changes. If you jailbreak your phone, i will advice you to use tinyUmbrella to save your actuall iOS SHSH before performing any upgrade just to be safe in case you find no satisfaction after upgrading.

Another option is to download Mercury Browser. I just got my iPhone 4 so I really don't know how it works on there yet but I've been using it on my iPad for months. IMHO it's way better than Safari. You get Tabs, multi touch gesture, private browsing setting, ad blocker, passcode protection, and customizable themes. Honestly it kicks ass, plus you won't lose your JB or data!