What's new

Rumour: iPhone 6s Could Launch as Soon as August

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone 6 black.png

Phone Arena has an interesting rumour today about the forthcoming iPhone 6s, stating that according to a story out of China, Apple’s supply chain has successfully sourced such a high volume of parts for the next iPhone that it could be ready to launch as early as August.

With both iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus models on the way, rumours from the supply chain that Apple has been ordering record quantities of parts indicate that it is expecting there to be massive demand for the new handsets.

And as for whether or not Apple will be ready to launch new software with the new phone models, Phone Arena says that it is likely that Apple will release a version of iOS 9 at its forthcoming Worldwide Developers Conference, but it’s hard to say whether or not the software would be ready to go public as soon as August.

Source: Better than expected component yields could lead to an August release for the Apple iPhone 6s

There's no reason except marketing why they have to tie the release of the new iOS version to the new iPhone release. They could release the new iPhone in August and iOS 9 in September.

When i first had iPhones they were released in October, Then we got September releases so who knows, August is entirely possible.

What Apple shouldn't do is rush the public release of iOS 9 to match the iPhone release if it's not ready for public release.

What Apple shouldn't do is rush the public release of iOS 9 to match the iPhone release if it's not ready for public release.
I can't believe we're looking towards IOS 9, Time flies in Apple world :)

When I worked at Apple about 6 mo ago, I met people who were already working on ios 10!