What's new

Rumour: Apple’s AirPods Could be Released Very Soon, but in Short Supply

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
AirPods to release very soon.JPG

AppleInsider reports that multiple Apple retail sources are indicating that Apple’s AirPods might not miss the all-important holiday season after all, but stocks may be so limited that the AirPods become unavailable again almost immediately after release.

Daring Fireball’s John Gruber says that he has heard from multiple sources that the AirPods would be released just in time for the holiday season, but that quantities would be limited.
“They are getting very close to missing the holidays,” said Gruber. “I have heard just in the last 24 hours, not from like a very well-placed little birdie but from a birdie, that there’s a possibility, that there are whispers in Apple, among people who work at Apple retail, that they might actually come in ‘the next few days.’”

Despite Gruber not sounding that confident in some of his sources, what he says ties in with AppleInsider’s own sources that told the website back in November that there was “no way” that Apple would miss the holiday season release window for the AirPods.

Source: http://appleinsider.com/articles/16...apples-airpods-will-see-pre-christmas-release

They have been released. The delivery date is interesting, though. While the Austrian Apple Store tells me they'll arrive on December 22, the US Apple Store says they will be delivered in 4 weeks.

They have been released. The delivery date is interesting, though. While the Austrian Apple Store tells me they'll arrive on December 22, the US Apple Store says they will be delivered in 4 weeks.
The online Apple Store in Canada says shipping in 2 weeks and delivery on January 4th.

That means l can buy them first. Only thing is l'm broke and
I don't wish to have them. Could do you all a favour though and take your orders. Can't guarantee delivery but [emoji38]

Airpods in the UK Apple Store are now showing 4 weeks delivery.

I'm going to wait for the reviews. To be honest, the passage of time has dulled the initial enthusiasm somewhat. I've found a pair of EarPods manufactured by my favourite speaker manufacturer, and although they are wired and cost just a shade less than the AirPods, I think they are likely to be a better experience for me.

I'll say one thing for the AirPods, they certainly opened my eyes so far as pricing goes. If anyone had told me a year ago that I'd seriously consider spending around $200 on a pair of EarPods, I'd have told them to go pound sand.

At this point, I doubt the AirPods are going to be coming my way. They are up against some very stiff competition.

http://www.martinlogan.com/headphones/mikros70.php

As I mentioned in another thread I went to an Apple store and tried the AirPods .
I found them to be more comfortable than I thought they would be and I liked them which I was surprised about.
I don't really like things in my ears but I think I could tolerate these quite well.

There is STILL a six week waiting list for the AirPods which I find ridiculous now and don't understand why Apple aren't stepping up production.

But.....I just might order some :)

As I mentioned in another thread I went to an Apple store and tried the AirPods .
I found them to be more comfortable than I thought they would be and I liked them which I was surprised about.
I don't really like things in my ears but I think I could tolerate these quite well.

There is STILL a six week waiting list for the AirPods which I find ridiculous now and don't understand why Apple aren't stepping up production.

But.....I just might order some :)
Maybe the demand for the AirPods has increased at the same rate as an increase in production.