What's new

Rumour: All New Three New iPhones in 2017 Will Have Wireless Charging

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Wireless charging expected for all 2017 iPhones according to analyst.JPG

According to highly credible KGI Securities analyst Ming Chi Kuo, via 9to5 Mac, all new iPhone models that will be launched in 2017 will have wireless charging, including not only the high-end OLED iPhone 8, but also the two iPhone 7s devices.

Kuo says that he expects production costs for the new phones to be higher than previously because of the addition of wireless charging. Along with the fact that the glass casing used in the new phones does not dissipate heat as well as aluminum does, the fact that the wireless charging components themselves produce more heat means that each phone will require a new graphite layer to protect the 3D Touch sensor. The graphite layer will be laminated to the heat-sensitive film sensor.

All this means that the part will be more expensive for Apple’s supplier to make, with Kuo saying that it could cost between 30% to 50% more, which could explain why the high-end model in particular is expected to cost more than $1,000.

Source: KGI predicts wireless charging for all three new iPhones, iPhone 8 requires higher cost 3D Touch sensor

This is great but then I think it should take time to unveil cause the all new iPhone7 is not as popular as the other ones

Just thinking about what kind of wireless charging it will be using. The one where you walk into your house and it picks up the signal, that's ok.
The other were you lay your handy on the charger, is the charge going to pass through your case, must you remove it from your case.
Or are you going to buy a $1000 handy and not use it in
a case.

Brave or Rich?

Just thinking about what kind of wireless charging it will be using. The one where you walk into your house and it picks up the signal, that's ok.
The other were you lay your handy on the charger, is the charge going to pass through your case, must you remove it from your case.
Or are you going to buy a $1000 handy and not use it in
a case.

Brave or Rich?

I would guess they will use the same technology that Samsung has been using for awhile now. Before I came over from the dark side I had a galaxy 6 and you are right about the case issue. I could use a thin case and wouldn't have any problem, however it was a no go with anything like an otter box. I think after I sell a couple of organs in order to buy the iPhone8+, I will just buy a nice thin clear plastic case to show off the black shiny back cover.

Don't bother me really what system they use, l haven't got enough Organs left to sell. My iPhone 5s battery lasts longer than my iPhone 7 if l should sell a lunge the next iPhone would probably have a shorter battery life.

Unless it starts charging as soon as l walk in the door.
And that with an outside perspective casing on.