What's new

Robocall blocker

Bacchus

Reaction score
Anyone know of an effective robocall blocking app or some other way to avoid the increasing number of robocalls occurring nowadays?

The few apps I've looked at all seem ineffective to me.

Thanks for any info anyone has on this topic....

When I get a robo call I look at the number and press the "I" icon on the far right and scroll down and hit the block caller icon. Works for me[emoji4]

I've tried blocking the number but their computer just cranks out another number like a random number generator. The possibilities are seemingly endless.

I keep getting the same call but from a different number each time. Nice, huh??

Have you tried placing your number on a do not call list? Companies that ignore the do not call list can face penalties up to and including having their phone service cut off. However this may not work if the calls are originating from an overseas location outside local jurisdiction.

I haven't done that because it seemed kinda pointless to me. After blocking the same caller a few times and noticing that the number was different each time I can't see how I could report them without having a valid number to report.

Maybe I'm missing something...

Okay, SciFan, your question prompted me to check to see if I had registered on our do not call list. It turns out I hadn't. So now I'm registered.

Thanks for the suggestion, my friend. Now I'll watch to see what happens in the future. I'm still not sure that turning in a number that's constantly changing will do any good but we shall see....

Thanks again....

Okay, SciFan, your question prompted me to check to see if I had registered on our do not call list. It turns out I hadn't. So now I'm registered.

Thanks for the suggestion, my friend. Now I'll watch to see what happens in the future. I'm still not sure that turning in a number that's constantly changing will do any good but we shall see....

Thanks again....
If they can track the constantly changing numbers to the same source they may be able to do something, if the calls aren't coming from overseas, that is.

Thanks again....

I am on that list - have been for quite a while but I still get robo calls.I am retired so it is easy for me to never answer a call that is not from my contact list. If a legit place calls and I do not answer they always leave voice mail.

The Do Not Call list is about as useful as a screen door in a submarine. The only telemarketers who obey it are the 5% who are legitimate, the rest are illegitimate scum who don't care about laws and constantly change their spoofed phone numbers while thumbing their noses at the laws. The one thing I've done for the last 3 or 4 months that has helped is changing my outgoing voicemail message to something that now says in so many words "Because I didn't recognize your number on my Caller ID I purposely sent your call to voicemail and if you don't leave a message your number will be blocked". Then if the caller does not leave a message I immediately block their number. I currently have well over 250 numbers on my iPhone's blocked number list and it has helped cut the number of unsolicited calls I get from 5 or more a day to 4 or 5 a month.

The Do Not Call list is about as useful as a screen door in a submarine. The only telemarketers who obey it are the 5% who are legitimate, the rest are illegitimate scum who don't care about laws and constantly change their spoofed phone numbers while thumbing their noses at the laws. The one thing I've done for the last 3 or 4 months that has helped is changing my outgoing voicemail message to something that now says in so many words "Because I didn't recognize your number on my Caller ID I purposely sent your call to voicemail and if you don't leave a message your number will be blocked". Then if the caller does not leave a message I immediately block their number. I currently have well over 250 numbers on my iPhone's blocked number list and it has helped cut the number of unsolicited calls I get from 5 or more a day to 4 or 5 a month.

Hey, the screen door keeps shrimp and phytoplankton out, that's pretty useful [emoji23][emoji23]

I'm on the Do Not Call registry. But iPutz is right. It's meaningless when there's so many spammers and scammers. I block many of them. I also use the Hiya app. It helps a lot. They keep a huge list of spammers and scammers. If I get a call from a number on their list, they block it for me before it rings. They have about 200,000 or more of those numbers in their list. And they add many more each day. You can check a number to see if it's spam and what others say about it. The app is made by White Pages. It works.