What's new

Ringtones

dave307

Reaction score
Hello to all.
My first posting here . Before I had the iphone6 I had an android phone galaxy 4 mini. There I found that I could add ringtones easily but with iPhone it looks very confusing ?.
Did a bit of research with the famous google and a lot of info was on how to use iTunes to achieve the mater in question. Then found that there are apps on the app store to download ringtones.
Does any one know of the best app from the store to find a nice ringing tone Please. As there was more choices with android, But this iPhone works like a dream I only had it for two weeks still learning.:confused:
Many Thanks to all who did read my posting..

I would suggest going to iTunes, then under the Music section, type in the search box "Ringtones" and you will have a terrific choice.

You can also use music from your Music library to make ringtones. Apps like Ringtone Maker will help creating them.

Last edited:
Many thanks to all for the replies.
just one point I would like to clear up is Copy the music file (with the .M4A extension) to your desktop. Once you've done that convert the file to .M4R how would I convert M4A to M4R? Please.

Many thanks to all for the replies.
just one point I would like to clear up is Copy the music file (with the .M4A extension) to your desktop. Once you've done that convert the file to .M4R how would I convert M4A to M4R? Please.

I'd try simply changing the file extension. You'll probably get a warning that changing an extension may make the file unusable, but in this case you want a file that is intended for a different purpose so it should work.

I haven't tried any of this. I just remember Joe posting the instructions.

After a lot of thought got it working okay.
many thanks to all until next time when I might come across another issue.
Thank You very much. :)

I'd try simply changing the file extension. You'll probably get a warning that changing an extension may make the file unusable, but in this case you want a file that is intended for a different purpose so it should work.

Yes, just changing the file extension is enough. No need to convert once you've created the AAC version.

You can add a large collection of ringtones into your iphone with the help of itunes and throught various apps you can set them as your ringtone.

I use iTunes to create ringtones and this is exactly it. If you have a PC you will have to turn on the 'show file extensions' in folder options then just change the extension like you normally change the file name.