What's new

Ringer tone/sound

brixtonboy

Reaction score
If my 5s rings l hear it no problem, however l keep missing calls on on my my 7 everything up to max.
Mute is not off. It's not on. I only get calls if l have my handy in my hand. I must be missing something here.

Help guys and girl bitte

Is Mute off or on? Your description is contradictory.
If Mute is on, that's the explanation. The side switch can also mute incoming phone calls.

Otherwise go to Settings - Sound - Ringer and Alerts. Make sure the slider is more to the right than to the left, and enable "Change with Buttons".

I used to have trouble hearing my ringer, I did what JA advises above but I did not enable Change with Buttons. Because I keep the ringer on the loudest setting and want it that way even though music and other apps are not used on the loudest setting. And I did one more thing, I went into Accessability and toggled on the LED Flash for Alerts.

Are you using a case for your 7? Some types could muffle the sound. In addition, could you try a different ringtone? Some are more strident than others.

Last edited:
Thanks J.A. Mute is off. Sound was on Max. And change with buttons was on thank you.
Bear thanks for that, I now have Flash for Alerts set to on.
Caroline yes l am using a case at the moment it's a mans one. Before l used an ICareR one. Made no difference. Like the idea of a new ring tone com you recommend anything strident, does that mean ear piercing?
DBplumb got ear aids thanks, but l don't use them.
Anyway don't need them on my lovely iPhone 5s

The one called Alarm under the second batch of sounds should do the trick!

Wow you will not believe this but, l just got a whatsapp message and my handy went ping and the light blinked. Suddenly remembered that l set it up.
Ok l will set my ring tone to Alarm, might help me stay awake during the day also.

Got a test call, lights flashing and alarms going off, jumped out of my skin.
If that doesn't work nothing will.
Thanks for your help Girls and Guys

Since l posted this as far as l know not missed any calls, and keep my handy on tilt so l see the light.

My question now is can l set my iPhone 7 up so that the torch lamp flashes when a call comes in.
Searched but can't find a setting for it.

But l'm no expert, thanks team

Settings>General>Accesability, scroll down to LED Flash for Alerts.
Also, just leave your phone face down, then you can see the flash.

Thanks man sometimes l just don't think about the simple things, make everything much harder than it needs to be.
Thanks again