What's new

RhinoShield Bumper Could Be the Best Minimal-Size Case to Protect Your iPhone 6

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score

For those who want to protect their iPhone 6 investment with a minimal-sized case, your prayers may have been answered. A kickstarter project has turned into a successful business model called RhinoShield Bumpers. What makes this case different from your typical iPhone case is that it is only a bumper which fits around your iPhone, yet, despite its minimalist design, it will protect your device and its screen from punishment you would likely never even imagine subjecting it to.

To get an idea of how well this case actually works, the RhinoShield Bumper case and screen protector was recently reviewed by Yahoo Tech news writer David Pogue. He came away mightily impressed with its amazing power to protect the iPhone 6. Pogue subjected it to drops well over 15 feet with no damage whatsoever. In fact, after 52 attempts to crack the screen, all he was able to do was slightly bend the device, and this was from literally throwing at the ground from the top of a 15 foot ladder.

You can check out Pogue's video presentation of his tests here: The RhinoShield Bumper and the iPhone I Could Not Destroy

Apparently, what makes this case stand out from the rest of the protective tech in the wild is its special polymer that disperses impact using a honeycomb structure. Of course, there are plenty of products out there which can probably protect your iPhone 6 in the same way, but the difference is that those are typical enormous, bulky and defeat the purpose of having an iconic, thin and beautiful piece of tech. The RhinoShield Bumper offers the same or better protection without adding much in the way of bulk.

What an amazing invention!

Here's a link to their website to check it out: RHINO SHIELD Crash Guard Slim impact Bumper for Apple iPhone Evolutive Labs

Wow thats impressive. I like the video you linked to more though. Yahoo!'s David Pogue put it through more vigorous tests and it still didn't shatter. I really like the case my phone has right now, but when I get through it, theres a good chance I'll grab this iPhone 6 bumper!

Yeah that is nice. I might have to get one.