What's new

Retrieving Photos

Brad Buelow

Reaction score
I lost my iPhone 7 in the woods a few weeks ago. Had some very special photos of my vacation with my daughter and I didn’t have them backed up. I knew where abouts I dropped it but still could not find it. I’m thinking of taking a metal detector out there and hopefully finding it. Does anyone think I would be able to retreive photos off it after it’s been laying outside for several weeks in temperatures between 15 and 40F? It’s also most surly to have gotten moisture in any open ports. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Did you have Find My iPhone activated on your iPhone? If so, check your iCloud account to see if there is a last reported position for the iPhone.

Did you have Find My iPhone activated on your iPhone? If so, check your iCloud account to see if there is a last reported position for the iPhone.
Unfortunately either I didn’t have it activated or I was in too poor of reception area. Went inn find my iPhone that day and all it could tell me was my battery life.

While you said that you did not have the phone backed up, have you checked icloud photos? I think by default both iPad and iphones copy photos to icloud. (Access via a PC or Mac would be best for this.)

Hopefully, when you locate the phone, it will be dry. If not, obviously dry it out and I would think the chances are high that it will be ok and photos will be intact.

Good luck. I hope you find it.

If you find the phone, place it in a bowl of rice and it should dry it out. Like said, check iCloud and see if the photos might have uploaded automatically to there. Good luck and hope you find the pics as I know those are what is most important!!