What's new

Retrieve lost notepad document???

cobrakillerta

Reaction score
Somehow a saved notepad document deleted itself (amongst all the other mysterious stuff that goes on with my phone). I badly need that notepad document as it has some important passwords.

I plugged my iphone into my laptop (which I never use) and unfortunately the latest backup I have saved is from Sept. 2011. I tried backing up my phone in its current state and it would give me an error saying that it could not be backed up.

I updated itunes and then went to update the software in my phone but was not able to because I do not have the required 1GB necessary to do so. I'm currently running version 6.0.1

Check to see if it might've been synced to your emails and such

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

This happened to me last week. Several of my notes just vanished! I researched it and discovered that I had "Notes" checked to sync with my Yahoo account and didn't realize it. I found all the notes that had deleted off my phone on my Yahoo account. But, I could only find them online..not on my phone. I have since turned off the Notes sync, but I had to retype all the notes that had gotten deleted off my phone. At least they were found...just not where I wanted!

I have looked in my email but I'm not sure how to find them exactly. You're saying I will only find them by searching on a PC/MAC vs in my phone? Would they have their own folder?

Mine did have it's own folder in Yahoo. Do you have multiple email accounts? If so, I would go into Settings>Mail,Contacts, Calendar and look on each account to see which one you have "notes" turned on with. Then go to that email service on your pc and see if you have a folder there. Both my Yahoo and my Gmail accounts have folders for notes. Gmail is hidden until you drop the whole folder menus down.

The info I found online suggested this was an issue with Yahoo, which is the case with me.

Once you get your notes straightened out, you might want to post a new thread to see if anyone can help you with your back up problem. Wish I could help you there, but I don't have any knowledge in that area!