What's new

Restoring?

TillysWilly

Reaction score
Ok I have been trying to restore my 4s on my mac and the wifes pc and nether will work. I tells me on the pc that it can not connect the update servers and on the mac it just keep trying to connect and never does for HOURS. right now its stuck in safe mode and will not come out I have restarted it 5 times and its still in it idk whats going on. I just wanna restore and update to 5.1 but it will not connect on any computer I put it on.

1st I got it fixed after searching the web for 4 hrs.....every one of those links are down bc apples site is down where all the links are hosted (click one yourself and you will see what I'm talking about)....to solve the problem for other people that are having this same issue (this ONLY works on a Mac that I know of) go into system preferences>network>WiFi>advanced>DNS tab>then hit the + on the bottom left and type 8.8.8.8 then OK then Apply and it should push threw.

The links are all working perfectly fine. Apple has multiple backup servers, the day that their software update servers go down will be the day that pigs fly :p Glad you got it sorted!