What's new

Restore to rejail break

turney

Reaction score
Ok. I have had some issues and want to update my phone and rejailbreak it. I know how to jail break but need help with getting it back to the point where I can? Do I just connect it to the computer and select the update I want and then rebreak it or do i need to uninstall something? Help please

You really need to provide a lot more details.

What phone and model do you have? What version of IOS do you have jailbroken? Do you have SHSH Blobs saved?

We have lots of stickies and tutorials which cover this stuff. Have a look and see if you can answer your own questions first. If not, post the details back here and we'll see if we can help.

I have an I phone 4 with 4.3.3 installed.

What is a shah blob

Can I just update my phone and the rebreak it?

turney said:

Yes you can upgrade your current iOS. And you can JB it but it just won't be untethered.

Goodluck

hi my name is abel i also have a similar problem im trying to re jailbreak it. Deleted the cydia and went to sources and did a "force uninstall" it and up to now i cant seem to reinstall it properly. how can i restore the phone and then bring it back to ios 4.3.3?
help will be appreciated.

thanks
-abel

ght12 said:
hi my name is abel i also have a similar problem im trying to re jailbreak it. Deleted the cydia and went to sources and did a "force uninstall" it and up to now i cant seem to reinstall it properly. how can i restore the phone and then bring it back to ios 4.3.3?

thanks
-abel

What iOS do you currently have on your iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

turney said:

Update to what? If you are jumping to iOS 5 you need to preserve your baseband or your stuck. What's your baseband? It will only be tethered/semi tethered anyway.

ght12 said:

thanks
-abel

Ok, did you want to update or stay on your current iOS? If you want to stay on 4.3.3 jailbreakme.com I believe supports 4.3.3. Saurik bought it back so it should be safe. You can restore on your phone after backing up anything you would like then go to the site through safari and jailbreak it. If you want ios 5 you will need to preserve your baseband which you can google and I'm sure you will find a guide.

Ok, did you want to update or stay on your current iOS? If you want to stay on 4.3.3 jailbreakme.com I believe supports 4.3.3. Saurik bought it back so it should be safe. You can restore on your phone after backing up anything you would like then go to the site through safari and jailbreak it. If you want ios 5 you will need to preserve your baseband which you can google and I'm sure you will find a guide.

To Vtrnjlbrkr

I found a way to restore the 4.3 and 4.1 firmware and re jailbreak it. So thanks anyways but i do have a question ive read posts about a baseband something and that i cant get it back if i upgrade?? What is the baseband and how does it affect myphone??