What's new

Restore Question

Phil Evans

Reaction score
I want to sell my old iPhone4. If I Restore it to its original settings using iTunes to get rid of any information on it will that cause me any problems with my iPhone5s when synchronising etc?

I want to sell my old iPhone4. If I Restore it to its original settings using iTunes to get rid of any information on it will that cause me any problems with my iPhone5s when synchronising etc?
ITunes should recognize them as 2 different phones. You can restore your iPhone 4 by going to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. However you do it, be sure to turn off iMessage in settings first. People not doing that has caused a lot of problems for the new owner.

You need to turn off Find my iPhone and back your iPhone 4 up first. But, no, will not cause any issues at all. I did the exact same as you... sold my 4 and set up my 5S with the backed up info.

Many thanks to you both for that. I tried the Erase All Content and Settings way of doing it but was asked for a Restrictions Passcode which I didn't know as I never set it in the first place