What's new

Restore jailbroken apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason880615

Reaction score
Here is my case:

I ve backup my phone while its jailbroken, but now i accidentally restored to ios6, sound badly because a5 deices still not yet able to downgrade.

Ok, question is, no doubts i had it backup before, but now its backing up in a non-jailbroken state, will it overwrite my jailbroken backup before? In future i need all jailbroken apps' data back, kindly advice...

The only way to restore your jailbroken apps and tweaks is to use a backup like PKGbackup from Cydia to cache them to the Cydia server or their own servers, then download them back and mass install them all. If you backed up your "legit" stuff through iTunes and created another backup of the same device, you've most likely wiped your old backup with all your pre-upgrade content. If you didn't use a Cydia tweak like PKGbackup, you have to manually reinstall all your Cydia tweaks

Pretty sorry i didnt mention cydia apps or ***Moderation Notice*** apps, yeah it's ***Moderation Notice*** apps like games data. The ***Moderation Notice*** data before will be overwritten by the current ios 6 backup? Example : i had ***Moderation Notice*** 'real racing' game played on my device and backed up, now im restored to ios 6 which s non jailbroken, ofcos the 'real racing' wont happen to appear again in my springboard, but the question is, is the data of my game still there or else is erased?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sorry i didnt mention cydia apps or ***Moderation Notice*** apps, yeah it's ***Moderation Notice*** apps like games data. The ***Moderation Notice*** data before will be overwritten by the current ios 6 backup? Example : i had ***Moderation Notice*** 'real racing' game played on my device and backed up, now im restored to ios 6 which s non jailbroken, ofcos the 'real racing' wont happen to appear again in my springboard, but the question is, is the data of my game still there or else is erased?
My first suggestion would be to review our Forum Rules (linked in my Signature). Namely where it touches on "discussion of piracy and/or cracked apps is NOT ALLOWED!" Further discussion will result in your account being issued an infraction and possibly being suspended. This thread is CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.