What's new

Reset and Erase

tibadoe

Reaction score
Can't seem to find what I need to do. I would like to reset my iPhone 6 plus back to factory. I'm running iOS 12.4 currently.

I thought I read somewhere I need to turn off the Find My iPhone before I reset - but I don't really remember. Do I need to or not? Any other things I need to do besides just back up? Thanks in advance.

Can't seem to find what I need to do. I would like to reset my iPhone 6 plus back to factory. I'm running iOS 12.4 currently.

I thought I read somewhere I need to turn off the Find My iPhone before I reset - but I don't really remember. Do I need to or not? Any other things I need to do besides just back up? Thanks in advance.
Find my iPhone has to be turned off before you can erase your iPhone. After the restore you’ll be given the choice of setting it up as a new iPhone or from a backup. If you want to preserve passwords and health data you must do an encrypted backup. iCloud backups are automatically encrypted but you have to manually choose the encrypted backup when you do an iTunes backup.

when setting up the iPhone after erasing it you’ll have to enter the Apple ID and password associated with the iPhone before you can proceed.