What's new

Reselling Old iPhones

iPhones must have a data plan. Your account on AT&T will notice the change and will more than likely add it automatically. Your best bet would be to just call and add the $15/month plan. Better safe than sorry.

Ok. Sounds good, but I can put her sim in it and it work fine correct?

Sure a sim is a sim. Just make sure they have it configured correctly. Sometimes switching sims can confuse the network and you won't get some calls or voicemail. But all can be done over the phone.

I sold my wife 8gb 3G last week with case and car charger. Got $187.50 for it. I am selling my 16gb 3Gs right now on eBay. Two days left in the auction and it's current at $175 but should pull in $275 easily with it's otterbox case and the phone being in like new condition.

There are fees associated with eBay but I prefer it. Have been using it for ten years and feel comfortable using it.

Sold my 8GB 3G for $150 to someone local that was lookin to get into an iphone. I was surprised to get that much especially with a crack on the back plastic. Fine by me though....allowed me to upgrade to the 4 for only 50 buck!

Sold my 8GB 3G for $150 to someone local that was lookin to get into an iphone. I was surprised to get that much especially with a crack on the back plastic. Fine by me though....allowed me to upgrade to the 4 for only 50 buck!

nicely done! 50 bucks thats good

I agree with you, don't go with eBay because even if you can resell it for 150$ PayPal will take fees from you and you will end up with 120-130$, or less if you pay the shipping fees.

Try to sell it on craiglist to someone near you, this is going to be very easy if you live in a big city.

Yeah, eBay and paypal certainly can suck your profit up. I recently sold a 16gb 3GS with otterbox for $290 on eBay. After eBay and paypal fees I was left with $245.

Holy crap! Just sold a 16gb 3GS with two cases for a friend. I collected $336 from the auction winner on eBay. It amazes me how these used phones are worth so much.

Holy crap! Just sold a 16gb 3GS with two cases for a friend. I collected $336 from the auction winner on eBay. It amazes me how these used phones are worth so much.

yeap ppl want the iphone ans dont need the newest model and its still much cheaper then the iphone 4. so they are happy to pay