What's new

Reports of iPhone 6 Plus Handsets Bending When Kept in Pockets

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
1113-1411491087-65ece34abeceac723810795f2fb754cb.jpg

MacRumors writes today that according to posts from several of its forum members, some iPhone 6 Plus owners have noticed that their phones have appeared bent after being kept in their pockets.

One forum member recounts how they spent the day at a wedding after driving four hours to get there, and then spent the evening sitting down at dinner, as well as several hours of dancing. After driving four hours to get home again, the next day the forum member noticed that their iPhone 6 Plus was slightly bent in the middle.

As MacRumors notes, it is not just the iPhone 6 Plus that has had similar reported incidents, but also the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s. Basically, as they say, with the iPhone 6 Plus being bigger and thinner, it might not be the best idea to keep it for prolonged periods in a pocket where it could get bent. Another suggestion is to protect the phone in a rigid case, which is not a bad idea anyway, being a good way to protect it from other types of damage as well.

Source: MacRumors

Photo credit: DevinPincher

That could end up being a very expensive repair that's almost certainly not covered under the standard warranty. This is one very good reason to get AppleCare+ for your iPhone 6 plus.

More reports are coming out about this, This phone is too big to be in a back pocket, A case that clips to a belt would be more suitable.

More reports are coming out about this, This phone is too big to be in a back pocket, A case that clips to a belt would be more suitable.
Personally I would not carry a phone in pocket. Work in trades it would not last long carrying in that manner. Always I. Case. Otter box

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The phone is significantly thinner than any in the past and the rigidity depends mostly on aluminum. Methinks they're reaching the limits of this design. A magnesium/aluminum alloy, or some other kind of newer materials technology, may be needed, but of course that would be more expensive. Carry it in a belt holster or put an aftermarket case on it. In its present form putting it unprotected in a pocket apparently isn't a good idea.