What's new

Reports of iOS 11 Battery Life Issues Persist Despite Updates

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Reports of iOS 11 battery issues still persisting iPhone.JPG

AppleInsider reports today on the fact that for some users, iOS 11 is still causing battery-life issues with their devices. As AppleInsider notes, despite three sub-point updates, the Apple support forums are still full of complaints about iOS 11 in terms of sluggishness, crashing, and battery life. Normally you’d expected much of this to have died down by now, with most app developers having had ample time to fix any problems with their apps that might have been causing such issues.

As AppleInsider notes, there is not a specific overall problem being reported by users, or a particular model of phone that is being more affected than the others, although, generally speaking, the newest iPhone 8 models are not affected.

AppleInsider gives an example of one of their staffers who reported rapid battery drain on his iPhone SE, but says that the issue appears to have been fixed on that particular phone after installing the iOS 11.1 beta. Interestingly, though, another iPhone SE in the same household has not had any problems at all with battery drain, neither have two iPad Airs, two iPhone 7 Plus models, and an iPhone 6s in the same home.

Likewise another AppleInsider editor is reporting a major impact on battery life and other performance problems for their first-gen iPad Pro.

Summing up AppleInsider’s report, it does seem like there is still an issue with iOS 11 that is affecting some users’ devices, but hopefully this will be addressed and fixed in future updates.

Source: Users continue to experience sluggishness, battery life problems in iOS 11 after multiple updates

See! I KNEW I wasn't cray cray! My 7 Plus did not last as long as my 6S Plus. In all of his tests, the 7 Plus is the first device to die and that is what I was experiencing in the real world. My 6S Plus would go all day and sometimes all the next day. I never got a second day out of my 7 Plus.

Reactions: 933
I too have noticed an increase in battery drainage with the latest update being 11.0.3. Hopefully by the time 11.1 hits it will have been resolved. Fingers crossed. But I have noticed that my 7 Plus that was bought this year in April, is not holding a charge like before the update to iOS 11 and beyond. Used to get a good day and a half to 2 days out of the phone. Now it has to be charged every night. Again, hopefully they have or will have resolved these issues with the 11.1 iOS update. Patiently waiting for the update myself and hopeful as well!!

My wife and I have been saying "no" to the regular pestering to upgrade our 2017 iPads and our iPhone 6S', because neither of us needs the grief.

How long before iOS 11.1 will appear?

My wife and I have been saying "no" to the regular pestering to upgrade our 2017 iPads and our iPhone 6S', because neither of us needs the grief.

How long before iOS 11.1 will appear?
There's no way to tell for sure but it shouldn't be too much longer as we've had three beta releases in the last week and a half. This could mean that they're tweaking things for the public release.

Yep, I was hoping for the update Friday night or Saturday morning with the release of the X pre-order, but maybe on the 3rd when they go live

Yep, I was hoping for the update Friday night or Saturday morning with the release of the X pre-order, but maybe on the 3rd when they go live
It would be highly unusual for Apple to release an iOS update on a weekend unless it were an emergency patch. A public release of iOS 11.1 would be more likely to occur on a Monday or Tuesday.

My 5SE battery goes down fast now since installing each iOS 11 update.
Currently on :

Disappointing

Any improvements observed by anyone after the latest ios 11.3 beta 4 today?

My battery is pants can leave the house at 7.30 morning 100% charged by 11.30 the battery is dead weather I use it or not

My battery is pants can leave the house at 7.30 morning 100% charged by 11.30 the battery is dead weather I use it or not
Either something on your iPhone is draining the battery or the battery needs replacing. If you have an iPhone 6 or later, Apple has a $29.00 battery replacement program good until the end of the year. You may want to have your iPhone checked to determine exactly what is causing the rapid battery drain.

Last edited:
I’m aware of apples battery replacement I think I do need a replacement battery just getting to Apple shop is the problem at mo