What's new

Repeating "Your Phone is Connected" on CRV Bluetooth

Philip Wenger

Reaction score
I have a Honda 2012 CRV with Bluetooth hands free connect and an iPhone SE. This combination worked flawlessly since the phone was purchased in early Aug 2016. There was a recent iPhone IOS 10.2 update and ever since then my car keeps notifying me about every 4 minutes that the phone is connect! Has this problem been identified and is there a fix? Since the only change occurred with the phone and the tag changed my input from 10.2 to 10.2 Beta 4, the iPhone is my first point to check!

On another note, I do not like being forced feed updates that I know nothing about - especially if it is beta x!

1)you can set you iPhone to not do. Automatic updates. If you do that, it will notify you when an update is avaiailable but you will choose to download or not and when.
2)10.2 is not a beta. Betas are only given to those who have signed up,to be part of the beta testing.
3)try rebooting your iPhone and then repairing it to the car's Bluetooth.
I have AppleCarplay in my Accord and did not realize that somewhere along the line I needed to re-pair. CarPlay disengages BT and so I rarely am on BT. I found about 6 months in that I needed to do this, when things were just not working right, if you know what I mean.

FYI for those with AppleCarPlay. I have also discovered that I was plugging my iPhone in too quickly when I jumped in my car, it looked like it was working correctly but I would have occasional performance issues. I was putzing around and plugged in late and found a new icon displayed, on the top touchscreen, not the lower one where the Apple touch icons are displayed.

1)you can set you iPhone to not do. Automatic updates. If you do that, it will notify you when an update is avaiailable but you will choose to download or not and when.
2)10.2 is not a beta. Betas are only given to those who have signed up,to be part of the beta testing.
3)try rebooting your iPhone and then repairing it to the car's Bluetooth.
I have AppleCarplay in my Accord and did not realize that somewhere along the line I needed to re-pair. CarPlay disengages BT and so I rarely am on BT. I found about 6 months in that I needed to do this, when things were just not working right, if you know what I mean.

FYI for those with AppleCarPlay. I have also discovered that I was plugging my iPhone in too quickly when I jumped in my car, it looked like it was working correctly but I would have occasional performance issues. I was putzing around and plugged in late and found a new icon displayed, on the top touchscreen, not the lower one where the Apple touch icons are displayed.

I performed (3) with no luck! Still receiving repeated connected messages!

I can't locate the appropriate area to perform (1).
TIA

Go to Settings, scroll down to ITunes and App Stores, click on that. You will see a list of what you are authorizing as Automatic Downloads. Toggle the one that says Updates (should be the bottom one)off.

Go to Settings, scroll down to ITunes and App Stores, click on that. You will see a list of what you are authorizing as Automatic Downloads. Toggle the one that says Updates (should be the bottom one)off.
That switch doesn't apply to iOS updates, only App Store app updates.

Why does mine have a second toggle then?
IMG_1272.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
And to the OP, do you have Settings>iCloud>Backup turned on or off?