What's new

Rent movie from iTunes, download & watch offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX7000

Reaction score
Just verifying, can I download a rented movie from iTunes and watch it offline (on an aircraft)?

I know there is a 24 hour window to watch movie once started, but what about offline viewing?

Just verifying, can I download a rented movie from iTunes and watch it offline (on an aircraft)?

I know there is a 24 hour window to watch movie once started, but what about offline viewing?
Yes, you can watch your downloaded movie offline. You have 30 days to start watching the movie and 24 hours to finish it once you hit play. You can watch it as many times as you want during the 24 hours. After 24 hours the movie will be automatically deleted from your device.

Last edited:
I do this anytime I travel. I download the movie to my iPhone. I usually plan to watch on the plane and have done it with an already downloaded movie.

Thanks guys. Rented a few movies and had no problems in flight. Had a few people ask me how I was watching a movie without wifi on the plane.

Thanks guys. Rented a few movies and had no problems in flight. Had a few people ask me how I was watching a movie without wifi on the plane.
I'm glad you had no problems with your movie rental. Thanks for letting us know.

In-flight movie tip: Save the comedy movies for home/hotel, not at 37,000 feet....

I'm watching Ted and bust out laughing, everyone left, right, back, front of me spins their head around. There's a 5 second pause while they check me out, realize I have headphones on and an iPhone in my hand. Talk about uncomfortable. I laugh now, but at the time, not so much....

Glad it worked for you. Thank you for letting us know. That will help others. I am sure.

As for me, I like to convert iTunes purchased/rental movies to common format, then I can play it on any devices without limitation. Since I have purchased many movies on iTunes, now I prefer to enjoy it on Android tablet. We know it is not so easy with DRM protected all iTunes videos. Searching on the Internet, I got one DRM media converter software to help me get rip of encrypted DRM protection. Now I can enjoy all these videos freely.
That is piracy and theft. This forum in no way supports any discussion of the means to overcome the terms and conditions of the iTunes movie rental agreement.
With that, and the fact that this thread is over / years old, this thread is now closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.