What's new

Removing website certificates on Safari

killahcheese

Reaction score
Hi all,
I went to a website called Tapjoy to get some free points for Battle nations.

But the problem is that I do not feel secure knowing I accepted some kind of certificate onto my phone.
I know I'm suppose to got go to "options - > Settings -> Profile". But I can't find the profile setting anywhere.

I am on the latest iOS and am using an iPhone 4S.

Please advise, thanks.
I'm using the default Safari as well still.

If the certificate is installed into your phone, then you should find it in settings> general> profile/ it's completely down in the list. If you do not see "Profile" down there in General, then you do not have any certificate installed in your phone.

I'm looking at the bottom of General, and I see

Date & Time / Keyboard / International / Accessibility
Reset

So it didn't install a certificate?
But it asked to install some type of script access to me iphone cause the website knows what apps i have now, or don't have.How can I remove this? Anyone know or have used Tapjoy before?

Last edited:
I'm looking at the bottom of General, and I see
Date & Time / Keyboard / International / Accessibility
Reset
So it didn't install a certificate?
But it asked to install some type of script access to me iphone cause it now knows what apps i have, or don't have.How can I remove this? Anyone know or have used Tapjoy before?

Tapjoy is the maker of apps and by visiting Tapjoy allows you to find apps made by them, and the script allows them to direct you to apps you may be interested in, by looking at the apps you have installed. Like genius. By directing you it hopes you buy their purchase apps. The website is legit, but personally it's not for me.

iHolophyte

Last edited:
Hi @killahcheese,
My name is Mike, and I work for Tapjoy. Wanted to chime in, and let you know that on the Tapjoy Marketplace, we're having you download a temporary configuration profile which allows us to link your device to your Tapjoy account, and nothing more. Fortunately, there is no need to uninstall, or remove the profile, as we do not have any need to save it.

That's all and great Mike, but ever since I did this with Tapjoy and that VPN has been on my phone is considerably slowed down and apps are now freezing, something that hasn't happened to me before. It would be great for someone to tell us how to remove it.

Umm, sorry this is kinda late, but I would like to know how to uninstall tapjoy because my ipad has become slower after I installed it and plus I don't use it verry much. I don't have any other profiles on my iPad. Please tell me how and don't just jump around my question like every other time i've tried to contact tapjoy.

Umm, sorry this is kinda late, but I would like to know how to uninstall tapjoy because my ipad has become slower after I installed it and plus I don't use it verry much. I don't have any other profiles on my iPad. Please tell me how and don't just jump around my question like every other time i've tried to contact tapjoy.
Hi MJone77,
I get this reaction a lot, but there really is nothing you need to do to remove Tapjoy because nothing was installed. As I stated above, the profile that is presented to you on tapjoy.com is only temporary, and no uninstall is necessary. With that said, there is a default warning about changes being made to your device. Rest assured that the message is placed there as a warning by Apple, however no changes were made by pressing the install button.

Hopefully I've cleared everything up for you. Best of luck with troubleshooting!

Ok, so just so I understand, the profile that tapjoy has you install uninstalls its self after you link your device to tapjoy? Which would mean that there is no reason to uninstall because nothing is installed at all? That's good news.

If I do ever find a reason to unlink my device I can just goto Privacy | Tapjoy and scroll down to IX, follow the instructions, and it's like I never even installed the tapjoy profile in the first place?

Ok, so just so I understand, the profile that tapjoy has you install uninstalls its self after you link your device to tapjoy? Which would mean that there is no reason to uninstall because nothing is installed at all? That's good news.
yes :)

If I do ever find a reason to unlink my device I can just goto Privacy | Tapjoy and scroll down to IX, follow the instructions, and it's like I never even installed the tapjoy profile in the first place?
Unfortunately that will not help unlink your device. This is how:

On the off-chance that you would ever want to unlink your devices from your Tapjoy account, there is a Delete My Account feature that is available. From any device, log-in to your account at Tapjoy.com. Tap the menu icon in the top left, and select "Me". Next, tap on the "My Profile" button. From there you will find the "Delete my account" button.

Ok mike so how do I go about getting the reward that I was supposed to receive once tapjoy has been linked and I've completed the task. In this case all I had to do was install and run the programs. Thus far it hasn't worked on 3 of em now.

Ok mike so how do I go about getting the reward that I was supposed to receive once tapjoy has been linked and I've completed the task. In this case all I had to do was install and run the programs. Thus far it hasn't worked on 3 of em now.

For inquiries about missing awards, please contact our customer support team by submitting a support request. See the following page for instructions: http://support.tapjoy.com

Have done so 5 times in last 4 days with no answer back.
I apologize for the inconvenience. Incidently, our ticket system resets the last activity with every reply; lengthening the time it takes to be queued to a rep. If you would like to reply with your ticket id, I would be more than happy to ensure that it gets taken care of promptly.