What's new

Removing the SIM card...Please Help

hookbill

Reaction score
OK I'm not quite understanding how the SIM card is removed on my iPhone 5. I don't want to damage the phone again. I can go to Verizon and have them do it for me but I would prefer to do it myself.

I only have the small paper clips.

Do you push on the hole and does the card tray come out? That's what it looks like in the firs directions but the second time it says use paper clip and pull.

I know it can't be that hard but I don't want to damage my new phone.

Thanks in advance and if you give me a good detailed answer you get a like.

You do just push firmly into the hole,dont worry about how hard you push,i find if you angle it down ever so slightly it just pops open.

OK I'm not quite understanding how the SIM card is removed on my iPhone 5. I don't want to damage the phone again. I can go to Verizon and have them do it for me but I would prefer to do it myself.

I only have the small paper clips.

Do you push on the hole and does the card tray come out? That's what it looks like in the firs directions but the second time it says use paper clip and pull.

I know it can't be that hard but I don't want to damage my new phone.

Thanks in advance and if you give me a good detailed answer you get a like.

Did you not get a sim removal tool with you replacement phone?

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

You do just push firmly into the hole,dont worry about how hard you push,i find if you angle it down ever so slightly it just pops open.
Yup its probably a bit firmer push than you are giving after the last debarcle you had
And +1 to johnwolves post
Check the packaging again for the sim removal tool (it does slightly resemble a paper clip)

it seems some people don't get a sim removal tool in which case a paper clip does the job just fine.

No need to w/ my iP5... AT&T set it up w/ the Nano SIM when I purchased it on release morning. There's no need for me to take my SIM out. Had my iP4 for almost 2 years and never had the SIM out... other than when I replaced the screen.

If you do a quick google search how to remove sim in iPhone 4s or 5 without sim removal tool. You will be able to see a video of how to do it without damaging your phone again!

Thomasjtsi said:
I didn't get one.... :-(

Then your phone set should have been a $100 cheaper! :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

If you do a quick google search how to remove sim in iPhone 4s or 5 without sim removal tool. You will be able to see a video of how to do it without damaging your phone again!

Yes, absolutely I did that this morning and I see how simple it should be. My only concern is the strength of the paper clips I have. I have a #4 star tool that's about the same thickness as a medium paper clip, I thing that should pop it out too.

My problem was the tech was telling me I had to get in there and pull it out.

After watching the videos I think I'm competent enough to do it . :) If not, I'll go to Verizon Store.

Now where the heck is the Fedex guy, he's had that phone on his truck for over 3 hours. lol....Usually here around 12:30.

Thanks for the assistance people.

Then your phone set should have been a $100 cheaper! :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net
its strange how some get one and some don't,i got one with my 4s and 5,i think everyone should get one as thats the way Apple designed it to be opened,totally wrong for them not to be included.

its strange how some get one and some don't,i got one with my 4s and 5,i think everyone should get one as thats the way Apple designed it to be opened,totally wrong for them not to be included.

I haven't looked, but I wonder if Apple offers them for sale? 19.95 for basically a bent paper clip.

Yeah I saw in the video that one guy opened his booklet and it had a tool in the slot. I think Apples showing the world, see, U.S. doesn't get everything.

[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS]Well, I just finished setting everything up and I could not believe how easy it was to remove the SIM card. I used the paper clip and it worked just liked Poisonivy said. Piece of cake. Thanks again.

Now I feel like I have a new iPhone5. When I looked at it before I sent it back I thought, did that little thing really cause me all this trouble. But hey, its perfect now. Just testing the features, seems to be working great.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Well thats great that you're all sorted,now you can enjoy the best phone on the market.