What's new

Removing Jailbreak - please help

RHocken

Reaction score
I am really hoping someone can help here - I have an iphone 3gs that was updated to firmware 4.3.5, baseband 5.16.02. I successfully jailbroke using redsn0w but would now like to take the phone back to standard, removing the jailbreak. To jailbreak I downloaded redsn0w and the fw for 4.3.4 and 4.3.5. I pointed redsn0w at 4.3.4 when applying the jailbreak. - I have tried to go to itunes and 'restore' but I am getting the error '3194' - please help!! I just want my boring iphone back lol!!

hi, ive literally just had the same thing, after 3 hours messing about deleting this and that i found that if you go onto the redsnow application on your computer, brpwse for the original file you downloaded the 4.3.4 i think, then on the check list where it says install cydia, and other check boxes, check the last one to enter it into pwned D(something mode) , (sorry for lack of info i cant remember and dont want to go back into it incase it happens again lol) once you have done this itune will let you do a full restore back to factory settings. hope ive helped you.

What I did to unjailbreak my iPhone first generation was to press the HOME button while plugging the USB cable to a power source. Kept pressing the HOME button until the familiar connect to iTunes shows. From there you can restore your phone. I have a iPhone first generation that I could not get past the apple icon on the middle of the screen. Then I used the same procedure as I just wrote in here. Now Tge phone works perfectly. By the way I found the information on this forum here.

Last edited:
The 3194 error is because your hosts file is not pointing to Apple. You likely changed it to jailbreak by pointing it to Cydia. You either did this manually or TinyUmbrella did it for you.

If you did it manually, edit your hosts file and remove any line which contains gs.apple.com.

If you used TU, start TU, switch to the advanced pane, and UNTICK "Set hosts to Cydia on exit", and then exit TU.

Either of those will put your hosts back how it should be for a stock firmware restore.

Also, best to put your device into DFU mode when you start the restore. See our sticky if you need help to get into DFU mode here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/dfu-mode-dummies-16020/

Hope that helps.

Hi all, i'm trying to upgrade to IOS 5 and i have a tethered 4.3.5 JB, but everytime i do it (with update on itunes or restore), it gives me the error 3194 (i've updated the itunes to latest version) and if i put it in DFU gives the error 3200, i searched the web and i found that sometimes tiny umbrella alters the hosts files, which i already altered to delete all the gs.apple.com lines, atm is without anything there... I've deleted my apps only cydia left...

And i also did this

info_noob said:
hi, ive literally just had the same thing, after 3 hours messing about deleting this and that i found that if you go onto the redsnow application on your computer, brpwse for the original file you downloaded the 4.3.4 i think, then on the check list where it says install cydia, and other check boxes, check the last one to enter it into pwned D(something mode) , (sorry for lack of info i cant remember and dont want to go back into it incase it happens again lol) once you have done this itune will let you do a full restore back to factory settings. hope ive helped you.

But without any result... :(

What should i do to make it with ios 5 without a problem and get rid of jailbrake ???

If you are getting 3194, your hosts is still wrong. Do this...

1) download TinyUmbrella, and run it.
2) switch to the "Advanced" tab
3) UNTICK the "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit"
4) Exit TU.

This is a failsafe way to ensure your hosts is pointing back at Apple. Now you should be good to go for IOS5.

Well i've done that already, and i've edited hosts myself and still no update :( and i'm reading that a lot of ppl is getting this same error 3200 on apple comunity forums...

But there it's also the message that the servers are loaded and might give this error... 3200 <- i will try tomorrow :(

But if you have anymore ideas how to correct this 3194 because i've edited the hosts and in tiny umbrella i never had the box thicked for the go back to cydia bla bla...

Nice idea i will try that one... i totally forgot about SHIFT RESTORE Lolol :$ i will post here the results :)

But if i do restore with my iphone ON it says error 3194 but if i put it in DFU gives me 3200... what is the best try ? in DFU ??

Any update on if this worked for you or not? I have an iPhone 4 as well, running 4.3.5/Jailbroken and am unable to update it to iOS5 because I can't restore it.

I will try to do it later because i'm at work! But when i get home i will try it in dfu mode!!

Any update on if this worked for you or not? I have an iPhone 4 as well, running 4.3.5/Jailbroken and am unable to update it to iOS5 because I can't restore it.

I can post here the result of my RESTORE, has u read them in the comments above, at the moment i'm doing restore and it's restoring, i used the IPHONE in DFU MODE and did a SHIFT RESTORE with the IOS 5 File downloaded from the link given above... Which i can post here again,

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-iphone-17213/

I
've downloaded the version IPHONE 4 GSM (since i'm in portugal) choose the one according to your phone and try to do like i did:

TURN OF THE PHONE
STEPS FOR DFU
ITUNES recognized the phone in recovery,
SHIFT RESTORE pointing for the IOS 5 downloaded previously
RESTORE... and puff restoring working :)

If it gives you the same error 3200 just wait and try later maybe apple servers are still experiencing some difficulties...

And i'm done i have IOS 5 HURAYYY :D

ok i know exactly what problem you have. it isn't the host pointing towards cydia. ive done all that stuff before. your phone needs to be in the mode where it asks you to connect to itunes. so, turn the phone completely off. then hold down the home button for five seconds. while holding down the home button, plug it in to a computer and it will do the rest

ok i know exactly what problem you have. it isn't the host pointing towards cydia. ive done all that stuff before. your phone needs to be in the mode where it asks you to connect to itunes. so, turn the phone completely off. then hold down the home button for five seconds. while holding down the home button, plug it in to a computer and it will do the rest

I trying that and it does not work, though I'm trying to restore my phone In to the same version I have 4.3.2

Hi guys, I managed to get rid of my 4.3.5 jailbreak and update to ios 5.01 by doing this.

1.Download the latest version of Tiny Umbrella 5.10.00

2. Run it, uncheck the 'set host to cydia' box and exit.

3. Run itunes and click on the restore.

(It didn't work at first but I unplugged my ipad and resarted itunes a couple of times.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!