What's new

Removing contacts from iCloud?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you remove the master contact list or all of your contacts from iCloud? I don't want to merge, I want to start over?

1. Make sure your contacts are actually on iCloud
  2. Turn off iCloud syncing for contacts – I imagine this would destroy that data too and that would be bad!
  3. Build and run this app – it will delete all of the contacts on device
  4. Start iCloud syncing and watch the iCloud contacts come in
  5. Delete the app – for the love of god, don’t let this tempting white-iconed beauty stay on your device

I guess the best way to login directly to icloud.com and remove all the contacts from the address book.

I guess the best way to login directly to icloud.com and remove all the contacts from the address book.

he could do this but he would have to turn off syncing on his phone first otherwise it would delete all the contacts on his phone as well.

I just tested that and can concur that is probably the safest controlled route to accomplishing your goal.

I haven't put my contacts on the iCloud b/c when I had the guy at the store transfer my contacts from my Droid, it imported 6,000 (not a typo) contacts - basically anyone I had ever emailed, (I have a blog and lots of commenters.) ANY-WHO. How do I get rid of all those contacts and start over? Or is there a place to see them all listed so I can go thru and delete those I don't want? TIA.

I would sync everything to iCloud at the first place and right from my iPhone, then i would manually delete those contacts i do not want to have both on my iCloud and on my iPhone.

okay, so then they will sync and stay the same? so, dumb question. where do I go to manually delete contacts in iCloud?