What's new

remove stocks APP

JAYLOX

Reaction score
hi can anone tell me how to remove the stocks(exchange) APP)
sooo annoying it does my head in grrr

Download openssh from cydia and then you will need a FTP client (flashFXP or FileZilla are good ones) then open your wifi settings and lookup the ip your phone is using, use that as a connect ip and then use the default user and pass root/alpine and connect, once you are connected then navigate to var/stash/apps and delete all the stock apps you want..

Also you may need to restart your device for it to work and I advise using terminal to change the default password also found in cydia or some people use issh from the app store

yep, ifile is good :) it will be easier for you to just download ifilie and delete the stock app(s) that way and to get full use of ifilie you have to pay a few bucks and register it but you will find that you may find it useful for other tasks such as sending files over bluetooth or editing/uploading files that are easy to locate, I myself use it to edit themes and it has proven to be very handy.

yep, ifile is good :) it will be easier for you to just download ifilie and delete the stock app(s) that way and to get full use of ifilie you have to pay a few bucks and register it but you will find that you may find it useful for other tasks such as sending files over bluetooth or editing/uploading files that are easy to locate, I myself use it to edit themes and it has proven to be very handy.

Yes ifile is worth every penny!!!

cool.
cant seem to find newsstand app tho, how do i get rid of that 1?

no, un fortunately that cant be deleted in ssh or ifile so what you need to do is download an app called nonewsisgoodnews all one word and install that and it will hide the app so you dont have it on the springboard.. I hate it as well