What's new

reminders never work for me on iphones

Manaan

Reaction score
i had brief hiatus from iphones when i got a nexus 4 but back on a 4s and its really irritating why reminders NEVER work worth a damn. ill say to siri "remind me to xyz @ 10am..." 10 am comes, screen is still dark and quiet... 1030 i check why it hasn't reminded me - I guess she keeps forgetting :/

and yes, i even activated icloud and enabled reminders in it...its really bs... is it better to use an aftermarket reminder app? what do u guys do?

sorry been away for a while, but thanks for the tips page, i'll take a look at it!

WOW

so i figured it all out - ya see i actually tried all the stuff on the page you linked me, BUT the problem was.........I had notifications for reminders turned off...LOL

and its funny because even with icloud deactivated my reminders work now....because i have notifications for reminders turned ON

BUT - i never really got into icloud but i was checking it out today - ITS FREAKING AWESOME - i love how it backs up all my contacts the way google did on android, that was a big thing i didnt like about iphone but now i can save all my contacts in the CLOUUUUDD!!! :D

also its great for reminders cus i use reminders a lot and i love how icloud saved ALL my reminders cus i JUST did a factory restore with my 4s :D

btw how can i delete stuff that i have in the CLOUD? because i noticed i truned off reminders icloud and then when i went to icloud.com to check it out on my PC, they were still saved up there!!

which is why i wont put any pics like those silly celebrity girls.

I'm very glad you found out why the reminders were not working.

When you turn on Reminders in iCloud settings on your iPhone and delete the reminders in the app, they will also disappear on the website. To do this, open the app. Tap the reminder that you want to remove. Tap Edit on thetop right. At the bottom of the reminder, you'll see "Delete List" tap it and confirm.

Btw: turning off reminders in iCloud doesn't remove them from there automatically.