What's new

REjailbreak frustration

FractalEffect

Reaction score
I'm sure I'll get a lot of flak for this. I was (and still) on 9.3.3. Effectively jailbroke my 6s +.

Before I continue I am a newbie. I had and iPhone 4 in the past (jailbroken), but always found my way back to android until now with the 6s plus.

Now I'm sure I screwed something up here, and probably screwed my self until a new jailbreak releases.

However, the other day I tried installing Activator, and went into a boot loop. I let my phone sit for over an hour to no avail. At which point, I restarted my phone, ran PP, and went into a bootloop again.

I plugged around on the interwebs, and tried some things, which still havent worked. One place stated to restore through iTunes, however it wanted me to update to 9.3.4, and I couldnt bypass that. Another site stated to restore through the phone (which removed the PP app), inwhich I had to redownload. After downloading it again, it just crashes.

Im now at the point where running PP on my pc, asks for my apple id (which I was sketchy about), but still entered it anyways, yet it gives me an error. Previous to this I was able to reinstall the PP app and gain (somewhat) jailbreak. By somewhat, I mean I was able to open Cydia, however, when I did, I got error messages and for the life of me I cannot remember what they said. However I do know, that when cydia opened, I was unable to search for anything, let alone browse what was installed to then uninstall Activator.

I am assuming I am SOOL, but any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Which iOS is installed on your iPhone? You mentioned 9.3.4. If your iPhone is running that one right now, you won't be able to jailbreak again. Apple released 9.3.4 to patch the Pangu jailbreak exploit. It's also impossible right now to go back to 9.3.3, because Apple stopped signing it.

I'm afraid that you're in a position where you'll have to restore your iPhone through iTunes, which will update the iOS version to iOS 9.3.5. While you can downgrade to iOS 9.3.4, both it and iOS 9.3.5 have no available jailbreak.

Unfortunately you'll have to wait for the next available jailbreak. At the present time there's no way to predict how long that wait may be.

Last edited: