What's new

redsn0w Question

SSkoot9

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there an untethered version of redsn0w for iphone 4 ios 5.1.1?

If so, please advise where I can download?

Does this "walk me through" putting the phone in DFU mode? or does it do it on its own?

Thanks

SSkoot9

RedSn0w gives you step by step instructions on what to do in terms of the user interaction parts (putting the device into DFU). They have the line of instruction as well as a timer. Or you can just plug the device in, and put it into DFU mode before you start anything since it doesn't matter as long as you're in DFU mode before the kernel patching occurs. You can download RedSn0w at many sites. Just Google "Download RedSn0w" and the first link would be fine.

The latest version of redsn0w, v. 0.9.15b3 will be an Untethered JB for your iP4 on iOS 5.1.1. No need for a Google search, download redsn0w directly from the Dev-team blog page here... Dev-Team Blog.

I had problems upgrading from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1. Ridiculous "iPhone not eligible for firmware update." Despite the hosts file edit and SHSH blob save. It's one of those tedious things you apple users have to do.

Thankfully, I've unlocked my phone perms amenity and saved SHSH through Cydia. I was able to update to 6.0.1 with tethered jb.

Above users have said it all. Latest Redsn0w build can jb 5.1.1 untether, with simple steps to DFU to exploiting Limerain to iPhone.