What's new

Recovering Data from iPhone with Unresponsive Screen

Reggie622

Reaction score
I dropped my iphone in water and now the screen won't respond. Sucks but its not the end of the world, I figure I would just sell it on craigslist as a broken iPhone. The problem is that I reformatted my computer about a month ago and hadnt synced my phone since then, and now when I try to backup my phone with itunes it says "itunes could not connect with the iphone "reggie's iphone" because it is locked with a passcode. you must enter your passcode on the iphone before it can be used with itunes.

is there anyway to backup my iphone and then restore from backup on my new iphone or something? I really want my pics that I had on the phone (had almost 2k of them) and my contacts. But really, the pics are whats most important to me. Ive talked to some places about water damage repair but it all sounds pretty unlikely to work and quite expensive. Im not opposed to spending like 30-40 but id really like to stay away from the higher amounts people are charging. Is there maybe a program that can backup my phone if itunes cant? Anything with restore or dfu mode that could work to get the pics? I remember I used some sort of program that could backup and explore all the data on my iphone a year ago or so, but I am guessing it wouldnt work because there is a passcode.

any ideas? this sucks balls.

Well if you had Ios5 and plus install , my phone back up every day using iCloud and i can restore using the same with my Apple ID

Buy a new screen from ifixit.com and tool kit, plus a static wrist braclet and replace the screen.

If all that it is that is damaged, then you should have a good working phone again.

Or

You can also try a program called Picasa Picasa - CNET Download.com

I use this program and its FREE to extract my photos from my iphone 4 and before iphone 3gs and also my camera.

I have never had to put my phones passcode in when using it or for that matter with itunes, werid itunes is telling you to do so.