What's new

Recover forgotten password for mail account

Tilemann

Reaction score
How can I recover a lost password on my email settings ?
Somehow I inadvertently changed the password and now when it wants to check the email it can't log on because the password is wrong
I can go directly to gmail , accessing it on the web, but not thru my phone or iPad. I use my gmail a lot and don't want to delete the account and start all over again. I need some HELP!

Thanks

Somehow I inadvertently changed the password and now when it wants to check the email it can't log on because the password is wrong
I can go directly to gmail , accessing it on the web, but not thru my phone or iPad. I use my gmail a lot and don't want to delete the account and start all over again. I need some HELP!

Thanks
you can have your password reset by clicking on "forgotten password",they will email you a temporary password then you can put one of your own in.

"Somehow you inadvertently" changed your password? How are you getting into your account online? If you save your passwords on your pc, then you probably have it listed in your browser tools/options.

Last edited:
I should maybe clarify better. I can log on to my gmail if I go directly to the gmail acc on line. It works fine
However when I try to access or switch from one email account to another on my phone or iPad it tells me that " cannot get mail" user name or password for imap.gmail.com is incorrect.

This is a separate password I believe that was used to establish the account on the phone or iPad For example if you establish a new email account, u need to set up a password on the phone which remains the same. Hence I can't switch between mail accounts on my phone or iPad.
Does that help clarify? I have forgotten my password before and had them send me instructions to reset password,
And that has worked fine.
This is different password

Ahhh, that information helps. Gmail has what I would call a "bug" with signing in that involves a "captcha" to resolve it.

Unlocking Google’s Gmail CAPTCHA

When you go to the site to sign in, note this part.... h ttp://www.google.com/a/your_domain.com/UnlockCaptcha
You will have to make the webpage load to your domain to sign in this way and you need to do this on your pc, not in your phone.

Thanks

-I just commented on your other post which was a duplicate of this message. Please do not do this as it is against forum rules. We want to keep topics to one thread to make it easier for members to follow the discussion and assist as needed. This cannot be done when there are multiple threads present.