What's new

Recommend me an app....

qdllc

Reaction score
iPhone 3GS

So many to choose from, and Google doesn't give straight answers.

Don't mind paying for an app if it's worth the $$$. Prefer free or at least a free version to test before buying.

iPhone Notes doesn't cut it. I'd like something that has more. I use Word and Excel, but do not know the best iPhone app for making .DOC and Excel-compatible documents. Doesn't have to be fancy, but definitely functional.

Recommend other productivity apps you feel are real improvements over OEM software on the phone already.

Documents to go and quickoffice pro will let you work with office and excel files. :D

miCal is a great replacement for the stock calendar app. It's definitely worth the money.

That's what I'd recommend to you! :)

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

I use Documents to Go. I am very satisfied with it. You can edit everything: word, excel, powerpoint. and you can also edit all the new office documents (office 2010, 2007). It has also a synchronization software which you can use it for exchanging documents with your desktop.

Went with Documents to Go. Paid for the higher version...just in case I need to meddle with PP docs. miCal rocks as well. Paid for Angry Birds. (lol) I've got CamScanner installed. Not paid for (yet). Haven't used it enough to see how useful it is, but playing with it has yielded promising results.

So if I have an Office file attached to an email (Word, Excel or PPT) and I want to edit it how does Documents to Go work? Does it download the file from the email and save it within the Doc to Go app? And if it does, can I reattach it to another email to send out, if desired?

Or do I have to use Docs to Go in conjuction with a cloud storage app?​

So if I have an Office file attached to an email (Word, Excel or PPT) and I want to edit it how does Documents to Go work? Does it download the file from the email and save it within the Doc to Go app? And if it does, can I reattach it to another email to send out, if desired?

Or do I have to use Docs to Go in conjuction with a cloud storage app?​

I've not played with the app for a while, but a quick look shows me that you can transfer from/to your iPhone via a cloud app (Box...a free app) or via the DocsToGo desktop app, but you probably need to have local WiFi (not fiddled with it).

I'm not sure if DocsToGo will open an e-mail attachment, but I have a second app that serves that purpose. So, I don't know if the function of one app is usurping the other.

My cousin asked same And I googled the question and it has an app that does exactly what Microsoft word does(was trying to decide if the iPad can take place of laptop) lol ahe has a laptop but ....