What's new

Recognizing IPhone 6 Plus

Hi Bear7962 why I want to use the file explorer is because it's the only way I know how to do when I need to do. and do not know how to do it from iTunes. I have a iPhone 6 Plus 16gb and take a lot of pictures and video on the iPhone and like to transfer them onto my computer then on to my Portable Hard Drive so in case my computer crashes or something happens to iPhone or want to show someone the pictures and videos I can show them from my portable Hard Drive. and do not know how to do that from iTunes. But know how to do it from the file explorer. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Bear7962 why I want to use the file explorer is because it's the only way I know how to do when I need to do. and do not know how to do it from iTunes. I have a iPhone 6 Plus 16gb and take a lot of pictures and video on the iPhone and like to transfer them onto my computer then on to my Portable Hard Drive so in case my computer crashes or something happens to iPhone or want to show someone the pictures and videos I can show them from my portable Hard Drive. and do not know how to do that from iTunes. But know how to do it from the file explorer. Sorry

Well, I described above how to transfer your pictures to your pc from your iPhone. That should be your starting point, I think.
I found this with a Google search:
Sharing your pictures from the Photos app is pretty simple, thanks to Windows 10's Share toolbar. You can share individual photos or several photos at once -- to share several photos, go to the collection section and click Select at the top of the screen. Select the photos you want to share and a Share button will appear at the top of the screen.

Sarah Jacobsson Purewal/CNET
Click this button or use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + H to open the Share toolbar, which will list the apps you can use to share your photos (this will vary depending on what apps you have installed, but Facebook, Twitter, and Mail should all be on there).

I would guess you could do the same to send to your attached drive.

Bear7962 i'm assuming you did not read my post? In my post I am saying how my iPhone is not detected or recognized in file explorer why would it be recognized or detected in my Computer? Sorry if I am being rude do not mean to.

Some things have changed since Microsoft introduced Windows 10 that may change how things are done between and iPhone and a pc. I am trying to tell you that instead of using File Explorer, that this is how it is done with WINDOWS 10 as I hope that will help you resolve your issue. If you find that this does not work, then I have no answers except to wish you good luck.

Bear7962 thank you Very much I will try to do what you tell me again.

I guess I should have asked if an alternative method was acceptable. I tend to take things at face value:

This should work so let's figure out why it doesn't

rather than

This alternative will get the job done.

Hi KevinJS I am just going to ask this question on the Microsoft forum and see if I can get some help on there. I do not think Bear7962 understands my question. Thank you I really appreciate it

Sounds good. There are several ways of achieving the same result. I like them all to work so I'll be interested in what you can find out.

Hi now I am start getting this now MTP USB device has a driver problem. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this ? Thank you

On your PC, open Device Manager. Look for an unknown MTB device, right click on the device and uninstall it. Then select Action at the top, in the menu bar, and go to "Scan for hardware changes".

If that doesn't help, update driver software (also Device Manager, right click on your iPhone to get "Update...").

Hi J.A. Thank you